QUESTION ABOUT PRESURGICAL DIET FOR SLEEVE

Metamorphosis1
on 7/19/13 4:14 am

I am having the sleeve done in Calgary  in a few weeks and am wondering about the presurgical diet.  I believe my surgeon told me that I could have some steamed veggies in addition to the 5 ensures per day but last night I went to a pre-surgical meeting with the dietician  and she said that the protocol is NOTHING to eat besides the 5 ensures but I am quite certain that he told me that I could also have some steamed veggies ( a bit and very specific veggies). 

Can anyone in Calgary who has had the sleeve comment on this?  Just curious if you've been told different things, too?  I will likely put a call into my surgeon to double check.

Getting excited but also a little scared. I hope the two weeks of liquids only, presurgery, will go quickly!  However a small price to pay to get my life back again.

Any feedback at all would be sooooo apppreciated.

Amanda P.
on 7/19/13 2:48 pm
RNY on 04/03/13

I am in the Edmonton clinic but I was allowed to eat Celery if I was really craving the chewing.  The liquid diet is not as bad as I thought it would be.  After the first couple of days I was not even hungry.

Metamorphosis1
on 7/20/13 3:03 am

Thanks Amanda! Have you already had your surgery?  How are things going for you? 

Take care.  :)

Amanda P.
on 7/20/13 4:45 am
RNY on 04/03/13

Yes I had my surgery in April.  I am feeling great and am losing weight like crazy.

Most Active