My Journey is Complete!

Silk911
on 7/24/13 3:30 am

Hi there Everyone,

I have finally completed my Five year planned weight loss journey!! Completed in 4 years, 2 months!!

I joined the Weight Wise Program in Edmonton in May of 2009, lost 108 lbs before RNY surgery date of Aug 2010. Lost an additional 114 lbs within 6 months of surgery, then had to wait until I was at a stable weight for 18 months to have a Panniculectomy.

Had a Modified Panniculectomy on April 2 2013. Surgeon took off 8.75 lbs of extra skin (yipee!!!!)

Now a couple of months later, I'm completely finished with my journey. I will not have any other surgeries to remove extra skin... it doesn't bother me... the belly was a huge problem though and had to go... I was getting very large ulcers under the skin apron.... such painful things...

So in total, I've lost 230 lbs. I started at 388 lbs and now have dropped to approximately 155 - 160 lbs. My weight fluctuates by 3-4 lbs throughout the day... so my goal weight is between 155 - 160 lbs... (works for me!!!! lol)

I have a lifestyle diet that works with most of my family. Although I have to admit to a young adult son that eats enough for two.... (he'll learn - still too young.. ) I exercise on a daily basis..... 1/2 hour to 1 hour.... love to play soccer with the neighborhood kids.... they even got me onto a skateboard!!!! What a BLAST!!!! Playing baseball again is absolutely AWESOME!!! I have only a slight problem in playing sports.... I have to wear tight Spandex down to my knees....All the extra skin has it's own motion when I run... a delayed reaction of sorts... it hurts when the skin is slapping up and down with the running motion so I wear tight Spandex to hold it in place... much more comfortable... :)

I don't have to count every calorie or even really pay attention to the ingredients lists... I eat what I want.... I do have what I call 'brain filters'... and use them all the time... those are the filters that tell me .... "wait.. huge calories.".. or "do you really HAVE to have that? " Most times I have a little bit of anything I like... I've never been a Sweet eater.. so when cake is offered, and I'm interested, a small bite is very sufficient for me.... a small taste... I enjoy ever minute of the taste and I'm satisfied... totally weird... I really watch my portion control... and the signs from my body that scream at me.... too full is too DAMN full.... :) (munchies are NEVER allowed to live in my pantry EVER) My family is allowed to have them... but must buy them and consume them privately... sounds terrible but I know my own weaknesses.

I eat about 1300 -1400 calories every day (as an average) it's spread out all day long... 3 meals and 3 snacks... but I exercise every day as well.... it's a balance that I don't have to work hard at and it's easy to eat healthy.. especially with my 'brain filters'...

My life is well and truly on the right track to being healthy into old age.. Before Weight Wise, I was on 5 difference meds and 2 types on insulin for Type 2 Diabetes, 2 different meds for high blood pressure, and meds for High Colesterol as well as Blood Thinners. Well now I still have the blood thinners but everything else is GONE!!! No more Diabetes!!!! I have to be careful of low blood sugars when I can't eat on my regular schedule... but have never had a high Sugar reading since surgery.... Totally WOW!!

Anyway, I just wanted to give an update... for the first time in my 48 years of life... I'm considered 'Normal'... too weird...also first time to have a flat tummy... he he he... I love it all....

I can only say a huge Thank you to all of the staff at the Weight Wise Clinic for their support and advice... they definitely helped me make my journey happen...

Good Luck to everyone on your individual journeys, I wish you all of the success that I've had. 

Melody 

dhkim1
on 7/24/13 5:20 am - Canada

Congratulations Melody! That is very good to hear. 

megan1emma2lilly3
on 7/24/13 5:44 am - dartmouth, Canada

what can one say, you are amazing a hero, inspirational thank you!

Heather

MsHomeJames
on 7/24/13 3:10 pm - Canada

Congratulations and thanks for sharing Melody!  I completely agree with you re the wonderful support from the Weight Wise Clinic.  The staff there are amazing! 

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/13 1:14 pm - Canada

Thank you, I've been struggling with my food and am doubting whether I can do this.  You have given me hope.

God bless you!

spurrell1964
on 9/5/13 5:00 pm - Turner Valley, Canada

Hello Melody , 

Wow . . what a journey !! Congrats !! I am happy for you, its success stories like yours that inspire people like myself and others here. 

I have battled obesity all my adult life. I have done the same thing as everyone else. All the same diets just different names. 

I am having my surgery on November 7th in Mx. I feel positive when I read the post that are left here. I feel like I am part of a community here with all sharing their experiences. So again , thank you. I ill look for your post here when I check. 

Lori

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/13 7:34 am - Edmonton, Canada

Thanks for sharing. It's good to hear that the dream becomes the reality.

Most Active