New to forum and Weight Wise program

terraskye
on 8/2/13 2:45 am - Canada

Hello everyone,

My name is Fiona and I live in St. Albert.  I'm new to this forum and to the Weight Wise Program. I had my initial assessment July 29th and I start my appointments next week. 

While I'm hoping the end result will be surgery I'm just happy now to have this incredible support system now.  

I'm also looking for people in St. Albert that need a workout buddy.  I have a membership at Servus Place but can just walk outdoors also if you do not :)  

It's nice to meet everyone!!

Fiona

Missdede
on 8/2/13 7:18 am - Canada
VSG on 10/10/12

Hi Fiona!

I live in St. Albert too.  I had surgery in Mexico last October and would love to meet up with you for a coffee and/or walk.

Deidra

spurrell1964
on 9/2/13 2:20 pm - Turner Valley, Canada

Hi Miss dede :)

I'm not in your area but wanted to inquire about your surgery done south of the border. I am looking at the Mexican Bariatric Hospital in Tijuana and am hoping that you can advise me on where you had the surgery done, who the doctor was cost etc. Are you happy, did they take great care. 

I would appreciate any words of advise that you have for me.

Thanks Lori

annemarietanguay
on 8/2/13 7:37 am - Canada

Hi Fiona,

I live in St-Albert too and i will love to workout . Please contact me in private and I will give my info.

I have been approved for surgery last April and I am hoping to get my call around December or January 14.

i am really excited about it and will love to share with someone in the same situation.

Anne-marie

Amanda P.
on 8/2/13 8:07 am
RNY on 04/03/13

I work out at Servus Place all the time.  If you wanted to meet and workout let me know.  

Also there is a Peer Support Group that meets at the Royal Alex once a month.  If you have any questions you could come and meet with us. The website for the meeting dates is edmontonbsg.ca or you can look up our group on Facebook.

The group really helped me prepare for surgery.  If you have any questions let me know and could meet with you.

terraskye
on 8/2/13 8:47 am - Canada

Thank you all for the warm welcome :) I will send you each a private message this weekend.  I've signed up for my workshops and I think I'm scheduled for about six so far.  I hope that if I am a candidate for surgery I will have the gastric sleeve done.  I just had a friend that had the bypass the end of June but I think the sleeve is more for me. 

Take Care :)

MsHomeJames
on 8/2/13 9:06 am - Canada

Welcome to the forum Fiona,  I, too, live in St. Albert and have been involved with Weight Wise since September, 2012 having begun the modules in May, 2012.  My approval for WLS was also in April so I too am looking at December/January.                                                                                                                                                                             I've worked the WW program so well that I'm only 30-ish pounds from goal now, having lost about 90 pounds..  This leaves me questioning whether I should go ahead or not except that I'm close to capping out on age. ie I wouldn't be able to tap back in in a year or two if I can't sustain my loss.  The other issue I have is a hiatal hernia that needs repair.  It's a dilemma I'll be discussing at my next appointment.   I want to wish you all the very best as you work your way through the program.  My exercise component includes walking on my treadmill 6/7 days per week as I have problems with my feet.  Again, all the very bet wishes on your journey to a healthier you!                                                                                                                                                

Velma44
on 8/3/13 11:55 am

Hi Fiona

Im Velma, also St Albert. Did weight wise one and a bit times, had a RNY in Mexico on July 11. Like Amanda I participate in the ebsg

Velma44
on 8/3/13 11:59 am

Cont'd  forum doesn't like my I pad. 

I work out wherever , whenever, but right now I'm restricted to walking and soon swimming because I'm so newly post surg.

through this forum I have been lucky to meet Kelly-Ann and Deedee as well, there is so much support here formal and informal.

feel free to PM me anytime.

terraskye
on 8/4/13 6:05 am - Canada

I'm heading to Servus tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up :)   We can walk the track or whatever.  I don't swim though so the pool is out for me :)  

Most Active