2.5 weeks to sleeve in Calgary!!

Metamorphosis1
on 8/9/13 11:47 am
Not enjoying my 3 weeks of ensure but only 16 days to go. If I can get this pre-op diet done ..., I can do anything!!

Anyone in Calgary being sleeved August 26th??

Spencerella
on 8/10/13 3:56 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

It's wonderful to hear that your surgery is so close :). Wishing you well with your pre-op, and on your surgery day.  It will be here before you know it. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Metamorphosis1
on 8/11/13 5:42 am

Thank you so much!  I am a little scared but am looking forward to it, too.  I am looking forward to getting my life back .....or maybe finding my life for the very first time! I had the band put in 18 months ago and the experience was horrible and so I am a little afraid of a repeat but the doctor feels confident that the sleeve will NOT cause me the same problems.

I will post again after surgery.  :)

I don't think I will want to drink another Ensure again ....EVER!!!  Ha Ha

Spencerella
on 8/11/13 8:27 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

The pre-op liquid diet is one of the toughest things you will have to do. Personally, my post-op recovery was much easier!  Here's hoping the same for you :)

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

dafdill
on 8/16/13 12:46 pm - Calgary, Canada

here is a blog of some people who are going to be having surgery. they are in the program in red deer.

http://evieallyswhatstheskinny.blogspot.ca/

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/13 1:56 pm - Canada

I went for my appt last week where they tell you what to eat post-surgery.  Nobody said anything about a liquid diet prior.  I'm in Red Deer...did I miss something?

Metamorphosis1
on 8/21/13 11:56 pm

I'm not sure.  I'm getting the sleeve in Calgary and I had to do 3 weeks of  Ensure ( nothing else) for 21 days.  I don't know about other surgeons or other procedures??

Sorry ...maybe someone else that has gone through Red Deer can comment further??

Have a great journey!  :)

Most Active