ONE WEEK POST-OP FROM SLEEVE ....FINALLY FEELING HUMAN AGAIN!!

Metamorphosis1
on 9/3/13 12:40 am

I  had my sleeve done in Calgary  last monday and was released from hospital on thursday.  I felt pretty miserable the first few days but am slowly starting to heal up! The most frustrating thing was to come out of hospital weighing 5 pounds more than when I went in.  It was a little discouraging but I kept hoping (!!) that it was water weight from the IV .....and it was! YEAH .....that 5 pounds came off within a couple of days of coming home and now I am down that 5 pounds plus 8 more pounds in the 7 days since surgery.  This alone makes me feel so energized and optimistic about my weightloss. I know that I will  likely never see this kind of weightloss in a one  week period again, however,  it just gives me the hope and belief that I can finally kick this weight to the curb.  I have a lot of weight to lose (close to 200 pounds) and so I know that this is just a drop in the bucket but still I feel happy and hopeful.

For all of you on this journey ....I send my good wishes.  Thank you for your inspiration and hard work.  I hope a year from now I can post that I have had a huge success with my weightloss.  I don't know how long it will take me to get to my goal weight but I am going to commit to this journey, one step at a time. Slow and steady wins the race.

Have a great day!  :)

Amanda P.
on 9/3/13 1:11 am
RNY on 04/03/13

Congratulations!!! I am glad you are starting to feel human again.  It took me almost 3 weeks before I started to feel better.  Congratulations on the weight loss!!! Keep up the great work.

Metamorphosis1
on 9/3/13 1:21 am

Thanks Amanda!

How are things going with you?  Where in Alberta are you located ....if you don't mind my asking!  I am in Calgary.  :)

Amanda P.
on 9/3/13 3:04 am
RNY on 04/03/13

I am from Edmonton.  I had my surgery on April 3, 2013 and so far I am down 88 pounds since surgery 124 pounds since my highest weight.  I had the RNY at the Royal Alex through the Weight Wise Program.

Gizzys
on 9/3/13 4:18 am - Canada

Glad to hear that the surgery is over and done with and that you are feeling better.  Those first few weeks are rough, I know.  You are doing great.  Congrats!

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Metamorphosis1
on 9/5/13 5:42 am

Thank you so much! :)

spurrell1964
on 9/4/13 5:48 pm - Turner Valley, Canada

Congrats !!!! Enjoy your success. . one pound or 7 . . its a success !!

I am happy to hear that your feeling better. Hopefully you can spend a bit of time outside in the warm sunshine and enjoy the warmth.

I look forward to reading your updates.

Talk soon

Lori

Metamorphosis1
on 9/5/13 5:43 am

Thanks Lori!  The sunshine has been amazing.  It's a nice way to recover! 

Have you had surgery or are you waiting for surgery??  How are things going for you?

Krista  :)

spurrell1964
on 9/5/13 8:28 am - Turner Valley, Canada
Hi Krista
I am booked for surgery for Nov 7 in MX. I am so excited.
I am leaving my email Addy for you so we can chat further.
Okay here it is, [email protected]
Look forward to chatting soon.
Lori
Metamorphosis1
on 9/8/13 4:19 am

Lori!  

Soooooo excited for you!!  :)

Will be in touch via email!

Most Active