Needing Advice, feeling like a failure

Grumpcarebear
on 6/8/14 11:15 am - Red deer, Canada

Hello :-)

I had the ver sleeve done a few years back. At first, I was a wreck emotionally but passed that hurtle and was doing great. From the very beginning, when I was back to normal food, I still never felt completely full but managed to stay on track. I then moved away from Red Deer,  lost contact with the clinic, and feel like a complete failure.  Since my surgery, I only lost 30 lbs.  my current weight being 226 lbs.  Has anyone gone back and done a second surgery?  Is it normal for some people to not feel full after their initial surgery?  Just want to know what steps I should take next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Keelan
on 6/16/14 12:11 am

I have heard that some of the patient in the weight Wise clinic from gone from sleeves to by pass but that have all be at higher weights and used the sleeve as a 1st step in their weight loss journey.

As for feeling full after surgery your story is the 1st I've heard of. I am almost 4 years out and if I over eat it's coming back up. Slider foods like soup broth, ice cream and cheeses/rice cakes I can eat a lot of but as for meat still around 4 oz, veggies 1 cup fruit 1 cup. There is a 5 day pouch test on line that you can do to get back on track. I'd say try it and get back to basic. Also maybe try a program like my fitness pal to see how many calories you should be eating and how many you are accuatlly comsuming daily. This program for me keeps me accountable. See how that goes before you think of having another surgery.

Good Luck.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

rrobichaud
on 6/21/14 9:19 am - Wembley, Canada

Hello,

I am getting a revision from band to sleeve on July 16th.  I had the same issue I never really lost from surgery and can eat anything with no restriction 

jinx0323
on 8/18/14 2:26 am

Find a support group were you live now. Dust off and pull out your surgery plan and actually follow i****ch out for slider foods and high calorie liquids  no pop no juice no alcohol  protien first. Keep you carbs low and actually weigh and traxk your food on a fitness app like my fitness pal.

If you cannot follow your plan with your sleeve and actually make life style changes  than you will not be any more successful with a revision.  You might lose weight initially with a bypass or a dondul switch because of malapsobtion butbif you cannot follow your plan you will gain weight back with that too. my friend had a bypass about 9 years ago. She still ate whatever she wanted wings beer  dessert junk and she lost weight for awhile because of the malabsoption but she has now put back everything she lost and than tsome because she did not change her lifestyle at all

Most Active