Looking to speak to someone from Edmonton about WeightWise Bariatric Surgery

Drummydiesel
on 10/16/14 6:56 am - Canada

Hello,

I am about 6 months into my Weightwise clinic experience and they are hoping i will make a decision re surgery within the next couple months. I am a 31 year old male and a BMI above 50. I have no other health concerns or conditions just my excess weight. I am open to speak to anyone about there surgical experience especially if they are in the same age range. I don't care if male or female. I would prefer to meet for coffee in person to talk but would also entertain phone calls, texts or emails. Please let me know if you are willing to talk further. Thanks.

Ryan

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/14 8:30 am - Edmonton, Canada

I believe I saw a sign at the clinic that said they would introduce you to someone if you wanted to talk to someone who has had the surgery. Doing it this way just seems dangerous.

Drummydiesel
on 10/21/14 12:34 am - Canada

I have asked my nurse about 3 months ago and two meeting ago and she has yet to produce anything so i thought i would try here. I appreciate your response but the fact you feel its dangerous is absurd. How could exchanging emails, texts or a phone conversation be dangerous. After speaking with someone and if it led to a coffee meeting at a local coffee shop then that would also be great. I am just looking to speak to people for a first hand account of there experience before i choose to move forward. I know if i do do the surgery i will always be there to pay forward my experience to others so i can help the world get healthier.

Amanda P.
on 10/23/14 12:15 am
RNY on 04/03/13

I belong to the Edmonton Bariatric Support Group and we meet once a month and are always willing to talk about our surgeries.  The next Meeting is November 13 at 6:00 pm at the Jean Hamilton Room.  We try and get there to open the doors at 5:30.

Otherwise you can private message me any questions that you have

Adrianna O.
on 10/25/14 1:56 am - Canada

I ditto what Amanda said!  Learning about other experiences is always an excellent idea!  I am willing to talk as well if you would like...

Most Active