Thoughts on fitness trackers? Fitbit yay or nay?

Gazoozoo
on 12/15/14 10:31 am

I am in the market for a fitness tracker I have been told by a lot of people the Fit*****arge is the way to go, what type of fitness tracker do you use pros and cons want to make sure I make a good purchase! Thanks in advance!

Out_Going_One
on 1/2/15 2:28 am - Calgary, Canada

I recently purchased the Fitbit One and love it!  It clips to your bra strap or pants. (I prefer the bra as it wont get lost) and it logs my steps, elevated climbs, calories burned and miles walked.  It will sync all your data to either your computer or a free app on your cell phone.

Good luck!

Out_Going_One

Xcalibur2572
on 1/30/15 9:09 pm - Canada
RNY on 05/23/12

I've been using Fitbit products for about a year and a half.  Started with the Fitbit Flex, upgraded to the failed and recalled Force, and just got my Charge HR 3 days ago.  I have a lot of friends who use FB and that makes for more fun to compete with/challenge your friends.  It can provide some motivation.

The best tracker really depends on what you want to track.  Any basic tracker will do steps, distance, calories, floors, calorie burn for the most part.  Maybe more.  It when you get into things like sleep patterns, heart rate, call display, music control, GPS, that is where the distinction comes in.  If cycling is your thing, most trackers have poor tracking (unless they have GPS) and you have to add this information in manually. 

I personally wouldn't buy anything other than Fitbit.  I like their products and they are a company that stands behind them and their failures. ie: voluntary recall of the failed Force product in 2013.  They are the #1 tracker product for a reason.  FB just came out with their newest products in the last few months...The Charge, Charge HR, and Surge.

Finally, the best tracker is the one you are going to use everyday!

Most Active