Help, I am new

Michelle S.
on 5/4/04 4:43 pm - Ft. Richardson, AK
Help, I am new to Ft. Richardson and I am trying to find out if there are any support groups located in the area. I am more than a year out and have lost 118 lbs.
nOH-Change
on 5/19/04 9:29 pm - Palmer, AK
Michelle, Unfortunatley Alaska is a big state land wise but with less than a million population and remote areas there doesn't even seem to be a chat room for us to converse with each other on a regular basis. I have made several attempts myself just to chat and made appointments in the handy dandy availability with no sucess since last December . I also see nothing has changed many posts have 0 replies. I hope this will change and I wish I had an answer for you but I do not. However feel free to e-mail me anytime I will have surgery on June 14th in Juneau. Ramona in Ketchikan
Michelle S.
on 5/26/04 4:42 am - Ft. Richardson, AK
Ramona, If you have any questions pending your surgery you can feel free to ask me. I am 16 months out and have lost a total of 125 lbs. I am getting ready to have my tummy tuck on june 16th at Elmendorff. Thank you for replying to my message. Shelley at Fort Richardson
Cynthia W.
on 5/30/04 4:12 pm - Eagle River, AK
Email me anytime.. I am in Anchorage.. and I am six months post op with 100# down when starting over 300.. oh.. My name is Cyndi.. LOL Emails.. [email protected].. a few suggestions.. buy yourself baby spoons.. trust me this will help.. also several types of bottled water because you may find one tastes better. And use the bottle to measure your drinking you should finish at least 2-3 a day.. OK?.. make sure you don't get dehydrated or it's back to the hospital.. oh. and most importantly (at least to me).. Vasoline on your bun's before starting your prep.. it burns after a while.. LOL.. I know but I wanted you to be prepared.. Blessings
KathrynR
on 6/1/04 9:31 am - Burleson, TX
I was cruising the other state's boards and saw your post. I'm sorry there is such a limitation of support groups for you. Please feel free to come visit us on the Texas board anytime you might have a question or need some support. It is very active and everyone is really nice. Kathy
Robin B.
on 6/5/04 12:07 am - Fort Walton Beach, Fl
Hello Michelle Welcome to the WLS family here. I am from Niceville which I am sure is no where near you but I wanted to say hello and Congrats on the weight loss. I am sure you will find a group near you. Good luck, keep us posted Robin ~
Most Active