keep Grant Geurin's family in your thoughts & prayers

wendy_fou
on 7/19/10 12:44 pm - AR
He passed away 07/10/10 from a heart attack.

He was scheduled for his surgery in less than 2 weeks. 

Please keep his wife and children in your thoughts and prayers.

It wouldn't hurt to send positive thoughts, etc to all those people out there waiting for their surgeries - that they don't wait too long to get the help that they need. 

I sincerely wish that there were less obstacles to getting WLS.  People are literally DYING while waiting/trying to have it - not only because of misplaced fears, but insurance hurdles, finances, etc.  It is such rubbish. 

When is some governing body, whether it be medical or legislative, and admit that that obesity is a DISEASE and surgery that treats a DISEASE is medically necessary and should be covered by ALL insurance plans. 

Sorry, I know I haven't posted in FOREVER and I didn't mean to stick my head in long enough to rant.  But I am sick of people dying while trying to get WLS to save their lives.  I'm really sick of it.

Love you all.

Wen

PS Sorry I haven't been on in forever.  My life has been CRAZY busy. 
susandoeshair
on 7/22/10 5:57 am - Alexander, AR
Honey, was this a friend of yours? Did he come to any groups?  Gosh, what a tragedy.

You're right about the stalls we encounter trying to get WLS. A girl I work with wants/needs it so badly but works for the State, is a single parent, has insurance but can't get WLS because of exclusions. She was just diagnosed with diabetes and has something going wrong with her liver. Her BMI isn't high enough to qualify through Rehab, and she makes too much to get medicaid.

Sad. It's all sad and senseless

Susan

Most Active