Let's get this board moving!!! Girlfriend's box of questions

susandoeshair
on 7/22/10 5:53 am - Alexander, AR
In an attempt to get the board a little more active I'm going to give this a try. Quite a long time ago a secret pal gave this game to me and I posted a question here daily (since I was new to AR and the OH board were my only friends...lol). I might not get to do it but 2-3 times a week, but maybe it will spark some more conversation?

Here we go...............

Currently, what is the most annoying fashion trend? What is one from the past that you didn't like?

I don't see quite so much of it now as I did, but I still can't stand guys who wear their pants around their butt cheeks. I don't think I'll ever get used to girls bra straps showing.
The old fashion trend I didn't like was the bare midriff. Not sure it was because I couldn't have EVER participated in it or if it was just plain offensive to me. No....offensive it was!

Come play everyone!!!!

Susan

AnnF55
on 7/23/10 12:28 am - Pearcy, AR
Well I'm with Susan on the guys baggy pants and bra straps showing. But I also hate when women wear white shirts or see thru blouses with colored bras like black or teal or red.  Or burmuda shorts with knee socks.... wth???

Old trend.....tube tops....specially women that had too much top for the tube!!!

Ann

CurveyMomma
on 7/23/10 11:01 pm - Jacksonville, AR
I have never really been up on the fashion stuff. I am strictly a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl. But, I really think spandex should be outlawed!!! I fully agree with the pants around the butt... I watched a basketball game at my daughters school and one of the kids had serious amounts of potential, but he was more concerned with the position of his shorts instead of his shots.... I got so frustrated watching him. I wanted to shake him and tell him to stop worrying about his shorts!!!

As for old fashioned... I dont know if it counts or not... but along with banning spandex I vote on banning tye-die items. It just looks tackey IMO.
~ Proud Air Force Wife, Little Rock Air Force Base, AR ~ 
         ~~ Proud Member of the Silent Ranks ~~

susandoeshair
on 7/23/10 11:54 pm - Alexander, AR
I think the coach would have had something to say about that boy's pants, don't you?

Now, as a teen of the 70's I have to defend tye dye, but I must also say that I've never worn it! Lol

Susan

CurveyMomma
on 7/24/10 12:10 am - Jacksonville, AR
LOL! To each her own @ tye dye... I was a pre-teen in the 80's and still swear I looked good with my pony-tail on the top of my head and my 3 pair of scrunchy socks to match every t-shirt I had on! LOL!!!

I also thought the coach should have said something, but nothing was said. They still won... but, I think he could have done a lot better had he not have been worried about the position of his pants lol!
~ Proud Air Force Wife, Little Rock Air Force Base, AR ~ 
         ~~ Proud Member of the Silent Ranks ~~

mamapeaches05
on 7/31/10 6:05 am - Hot Springs, AR
Baggy pants are not so bad if they are not down around your ankles and you have to walk like you got on a dirty diaper. Please if any part of your undergarments are showing be it from baggy pants or shirts with bra straps please let them be clean. It really bothers me to see dirty underwear or dirty bra straps. bottom line for me is everyone can't wear what's popular that's back then and now. Just cause it says one size fits all does not mean everyone looks good in it. Spandex helps hide my loose skin I wear it a lot but with shorts or underneath the summer dresses
Mama Peaches Diva on a Journey
I am somebody, I have a purpose, and I'm going somewhere
Just prazin the Lord wit my feet!

Running Man

horselady71742
on 8/14/10 3:26 am - Fordyce, AR
I must say that my least favorite fasion trend of all times past present and future is going to town in your pajamas and then, getting out of the car that way!!! Thats why we have bed clothes and other clothes so that we know what to wear when!!! Ugh, and they wear those printed fleece fuzzy pants to town and to top it off, they wear their big floppy animal head houseshoes with them!!!
Now I will say I own fleece fuzzy pants with odd designs and Ive owned several pair of the oversized animal head house shoes, but I didnt wear them to town!!!

From the past, I never wore them, but Id have to say Parachute pants!!!!

Hugs,
Rhonda D.
Most Active