First Day home and maybe blocked??

browneyedgirl11
on 8/12/10 1:55 am
Wanted to let everybody know that I'm home after my RNY and doing ok.  Definatley less sore today.  Just trying to figure out how to do this eating full liquid thing.  Not sure if that follows the pattern I followed yesterday in the hospital with the clears or not as far as 60cc per meal, wait an hour, then 30cc every 20 minutes.  Or does it follow the 1-2 T per meal plan??  Just a little confused.  Called Dr. Baker's office to ask a few questions but I know it's their busy Thursday so I haven't heard anything back yet.  

Also, I'm afraid I may be blocked....a little.  Seemed like my Percocet may not be going down all the way.  It definately feels weird like there is something stuck.  Fluids seems to be going down ok though.  I can't remember what I can do to help get me unblocked.  I have tried warm liquids and that hasn't worked.  I remember something about Lemon juice but can't remember exactly how to do that, what the ratio is.  Anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks! 
ddickard
on 8/16/10 4:54 am - Springdale, AR
I hope you heard back from your doctor's office. I know with my surgeon the first 2 weeks we were on protein shake 2 oz every hour, then water or crystal lite every 15 min inbetween.
If pills are not going down well your surgeon should be able to order you a liquid pain medicine instead.
Debbie  

Highest weight 295/Surgery weight 280 (15 pounds lost prior to surgery is included)    
Most Active