Personal Trainer

Deeva_2
on 9/1/10 7:11 am - Little Rock, AR
Does anyone know of a personal trainer that is good with WLS clients?  I'm looking for one in the Little Rock, North Little Rock area and have thus far been unsuccessful....Any feed back would be great!!!
tabstattooed
on 9/7/10 4:54 am - marion, AR
good luck finding a p/t with weight loss surgery client experience. That is why I took courses to be a p/t and my goal was to help other wls patients. I have regained most of my weight back and have not persued my p/t as a career. I must get myself on track before I try to work with anyone else. I had a trainer for a while but he was cluelss as to how we eat, he was always trying to create meal plans but I could not eat the food as the amounts were way too much, when you reduce the portions it screwed up the nutritional count.
I would suggest using a trainer for working out only. Do not let them try to tell you how to eat and so on. Follow your Dr's plans. Yes if you get into weight training you will need to consume protien (shakes) with in 30-45 mins of weight training session. That is for proper muscle repair and recovery.  Good luck in your search for the right trainer. Trainers are great for discipline and showing you the right techniques but they are really expensive.

5ft0....sw 233,lw 133,gw 135,cw 193..........
I am not doing so good in this part of my journey...9 yrs later. :-(

Most Active