Walk from Obesity Info.

browneyedgirl11
on 9/10/10 4:48 am
For those of you that attended the Support Group Meeting last night, I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it and needed it!!  It is so very helpful just to be surrounded by a group of people that have been there and now exactly what you are experiencing, in addition to lots of helpful tips.

In the meeting the subject of the Walk from Obesity came up.  Here is the information that I received on the flyers I received from Dr. Baker's office this week.  First, the walk is Saturday October 9, 2010 at 8am in downtown Little Rock along Riverfront Park.  I received a registration form attached to it that gave me some helpful information at the top regarding registration for the walk.  Here are some options:
1) To save $5 on registration, use your credit card to pre-register online for $25 at www.walkfromobesity.com.  Click on "Join the Walk" link and choose the city you would like to register for (Little Rock).
2) You may also download a printable registration form from the same website after choosing Little Rock.  You can either mail it in ahead of time for save $5 on the registration or just bring the form with you on the day of the walk.

I already tried it and everything seemed to be working ok.  The link for Little Rock opened up fine and there was more information regarding the location and details of the walk, along with contact information.  It also gives you option when you register to register as an individual, family, join a team, ect. 

Anyway, I hope this helps out and I plan on registering myself very soon.  Hope to see you all there and hoping for a beautiful fall October day for the walk!!!

Thanks,
Angie

susandoeshair
on 9/10/10 9:14 pm - Alexander, AR
Hi Angie,

Thanks for posting this!  I was in charge of the walk two years ago and I know it takes some time for them to get the links activated after they've received the check from the local committee.

Great to see you and chat the other night. We need to do it more often!

Susan

Monger31
on 9/13/10 1:02 am - North Little Rock, AR
I am also thankful for the meeting last Thursday.  I always feel rejuvenated and ready to tackle another month.  Thanks for all of the advice and patience with my endless questions!  I can't make it to the walk due to a scheduling conflict.  We are taking our 3 year old on the Van Buren train ride, which will be great fun...especially since I can walk and fit into seats better!  Have a fun time and walk further than you think you can.
Angie (the other one)

Most Active