Good morning! Great recipe

susandoeshair
on 9/13/10 8:32 pm - Alexander, AR
Hey there, here is a recipe I've been making for some time now. It's great for breakfast, lunch or dinner; high in protein, some good veggies, and yummmmmmmm.

I'm posting the original recipe, then the modification to make it with a different flair. Hope you like it as much as we do!

Crustless Spinach Pizza

2 cups 2% shredded Italian cheese---DIVIDED
10 oz pasta sauce, any type. I like the spicy tomato and pesto by Classico--- DIVIDED
1/2 c Egg Beaters
8 oz part skim ricotta cheese
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, drained and squeezed dry
salt & pepper to taste
oregano and basil to taste--just have fun!

Preheat oven to 400
Spray a medium sized cookie sheet ( I want to say it's about 9x11)

In a bowl mix together spinach, 1/2 c cheese, 1/4 c pasta sauce and remaining ingredients

Spread it out onto the cookie sheet, making sure it's all the way to the edges and even. Spread the remaining sauce over the top, the  spread the rest of the cheese all around.

Bake for 20-30 min until set, bubbly and browned.

The recipe says 8 servings, but we can probably get 16.

Nutrition:  (based on 8 serv)  130 cals, 6 gr fat, 7 carbs, 12 protein

To make a Mexican version, use Southwestern Egg Beaters, Chunky Salsa instead of pasta sauce, and Mexican blend cheese

These can have all sorts of possibilities. Add different veggies like diced onion and mushrooms. Diced turkey pepperoni, or cooked and crumbled extra lean ground beef.

I make one of these and eat on it all week. Travels well to work for lunch, makes a tasy bkfst, too!

Susan

Shelleybeans02
on 9/14/10 3:31 pm - Benton, AR
Sounds good!  Thanks for sharing!  Recipes and ideas are always welcome for this newbie!
Heaviest Weight=290  2 Weeks Pre Surgery=270  Day of Surgery= 260 

Monger31
on 9/15/10 11:59 am - North Little Rock, AR
I can't wait to try this!  Thanks for sharing a great recipe.  I'll let you know how it goes over with my 3-year old (and my 38 year old)!

Most Active