Need help don't know where to turn

SCARLETAKA
on 11/5/10 12:16 pm - JACKSONVILLE, AR
I have been trying to have LapBand or GB for years all medicare issues, but right now I need help turns out I have some blood condition that requires a bone marrow biopsy but with my weight at 450 or more I can't find a place that can do the procedure.  My doctor got me scheduled only for us to find out later OOPS we can't handle your weight on our machinery.  Yes, I know I need to loose weight but it won't happen over night and this seemed important enough for them to request the biopsy. 

I feel depressed I know I am not the only super morbidly obese person in the state and yet none of the local hospitals (we live in Jacksonville) so within 50 or 80 miles none seem to have a cat scan machine that will support me.  Our doctors Scheduling person even asked if there was any way to just put me on my side on the table to do the test they refused.

I come to you because a lot of you have been through similars situations with testing.  Some of you haven't and I hope you never have to.  It's degrading and embarrassing and although I am 39 my dad is angry and is calling it a form of discrimination because in his view all hospitals should have at least one machine considering we aren't the only two obese people in the state.

Thanks for listening.
Stacey
atsmith995
on 11/7/10 9:48 am
atsmith995
on 11/7/10 9:52 am
 So sorry for your stuggles Stacey. Thought you should know that this is a very inactive board. But I'll offer whatever help I can. Who is the bariatric surgeon you are consulting with? They should know what hospitals have the equipment you need. I had my surgery at Baptist and I know they do a lot of bariatric surgery, so I would be surprised if they don't have it. 
Good luck and sorry no one else has responded, I don't think many people check this board.
angelicpain
on 11/25/10 8:07 am
 If u live in jacksonville, ar You are not far from little rock which has the equipment that can hold u, 
baptist has a whole floor for people who are 700 pounds and under. You should check it out. Dont let anyone push you around with your heath.
Most Active