hi from fort smith,ar.

shirley36
on 11/12/11 3:52 am - AR
hi my name is shirley im new to this site haven't been banded yet , im just now starting my 6 month dr.suppervised diet. like to have a buddy to go through this with if anyone lives close by thank you
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 9:41 am
 Hi Shirley, 

I'm Pam from Fayetteville area. I just joined today also. I am five days post op RNY. 
Guess I am doing okay. Tired of the protein drinks already. LOL. Ready for some flavor. 
Walking is hard for me due to a back injury, but I am certainly trying. 

Good luck to you. 

Pam
shirley36
on 11/26/11 10:41 pm - AR
hi pam , it was nice of u to respond to my post, cant wait for my 6 months to be up and get started with my new life change.im trying to go for walks find it hard sometime cause of weather and sometimes time how things been going with being banded hope everything is good how long do u have to be one a liquid diet.
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/11 9:26 pm
 One more week of the liquid diet.  Then it's soft foods for 3 months. I have really been searching recipes on this site. There are a lot out there and a lot of great information that I am finding here. I am doing really good not eating or even wanting any solid foods. I am missing flavors. LOL

How much longer before your can get the surgery? Who is doing your surgery? 

Maybe you and I can kind of take this journey together. 

Blessings for a great day.

Pam
shirley36
on 11/28/11 8:47 am, edited 11/28/11 8:48 am - AR
i dont have a surgery date yet i have to do a 6 month supervised diet with the doctor im just now 2 months in so i hope about april or may i will have a date dr eckes is doing my surgery we can still do this journey together i'll just have to be behind u , be nice to have someone to give me heads up on things.
      hope u have a great day too
                 shirley
                                                                                              p.s.
                                                                                  lapbandtalk.com is also a good site to visit
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/11 8:57 am
 Is Dr Eckes in Fort Smith? I was always afraid of the lapband. Having a foreign object inside my body. But then again I don't know much about it. My insurance only paid for the RNY , so thats the route that I went. 

I have had more energy today than ever. I baked pumpkin bread to have onhand for the holidays. Made my husband dinner. I had no desire to even taste any of it while cooking. Cooking is something that I have always loved to do so I was afraid to do it, but it worked out great. 

Am finding it hard to get down the amount of water and protein that is required. But I do not feel weak at all. And I just keep trying. 

Pam
AuntieKrissy
on 5/17/13 7:47 pm
RNY on 02/25/13

Hi Shirley, how is everything going? My name is Kristin. I am from Alma.

LizS
on 6/11/12 2:58 am
Hi! I'm Sarah and I live in Fort Smith. I'm trying to begin this whole journey too! I have no insurance and actually just created a post asking if anyone could recommend an insurance provider who's bypass friendly. I've had a lot of jerky salesmen talk down to my husband and I'm really disappointed right now. I'd love to stay in touch with you, if you'd like.
AuntieKrissy
on 5/17/13 7:45 pm
RNY on 02/25/13

Hi, I am Kristin, i live in Alma, where you able to find insurance and have surgery yet?

LizS
on 6/11/12 3:01 am
and Pam, my feelings are the exact same as yours regarding the Lapband. I don't want anything foreign inside of me, plus all of the adjusting you'd have to do and God forbid it be faulty for some reason or slip! NO thank you!
Most Active