Denied!

Angela P.
on 8/18/03 5:00 pm - Dardanelle, AR
I found out today when I called the insurance company. It seems my employer had this exclusion put in. They used to cover it. So, I called HR today and trying to get the company to approve it and then send it to the insurance. I see about it. Hard to keep my head up and not start crying....okay so I have cried some but I WILL NOT GIVE UP! Good luck to all. Love Angela
Bryn G.
on 8/19/03 12:27 am - Fort Smith, AR
Angela, do not give up!!! My insurance will cover only 4000 dollars of the surgery so my husband and I refinanced our home and borrowed against the equity. The way we look at it, after the surgery, I will save over 100 dollars a month just on medication. Continue to look at other options. Many people go to Mexico where it cost around 6500 dollars to have the Roux-en-y. I have also read about some credit cards that you can apply for that cover this surgery. Keep searching and good luck. Love, Bryn
amanda C.
on 8/19/03 3:47 am - gurdon, Ar
angela, i'm sorry to hear that you were denied, but just keep trying and buggin them. i hope it will all work out for you. best wishes and good luck - amanda
Most Active