jmwalker06
on 5/12/11 11:24 pm - AZ
 New to this forum,,,but glad I found it.   Surgery is scheduled for 5/18/11, and getting a little nervous.  Such a big decision but I know its the right one.  Kind of freaks me out to read everyone's stories.   Is it wrong for me to want to bury my head in the sand and just go through blindly?   I know the first 3 mos are a severe adjustment.  Just hoping and praying the adjustments go well.   Any advise would be greatly appreciated! 
creationsbykim
on 5/13/11 4:57 am - Tempe, AZ
I am also newbie, joined yesterday.  I just wanted to wish you the best.  How do you like Dr. Blackstone??
Kim
jmwalker06
on 5/14/11 7:35 am - AZ
 Hi Kim!  I actually love Dr Blackstone.  I had my pre-op with her a couple of weeks ago and I thought she was great.  You can tell she really loves what she does and her goal is to help people.  To my that speaks volumes.  Been in the health care industry for 16 yrs and have seen many doctors who are in it just for the $$$$.  I didn't feel that way with her at all, and her staff has been great.  Good luck to you,  when is you surgery scheduled for?
LessieBelle
on 5/13/11 10:34 am
Congratulations!  Just hang on and enjoy the ride.  You aren't burying your head in the sand - you chose a great facility and a great doc.  Her old partner did my surgery and everything has been flawless and actually pretty easy.  Now is the hard part - those last few pounds.  The first 100 were a breeze.

Yes, you will hate SF jello after the next few weeks, but oh well.  Everything you will be going through (which really is minimal if you follow the rules that they give you) is SOOOO worth it - at least in my experience.

No regrets! 

338 / 313  / 194/ 189
HW / SW /  CW / Goal   

jmwalker06
on 5/14/11 7:38 am - AZ
 Thank you soooo much for the encouragement.  I do know its going to be so worth it!  
ginau
on 5/30/11 12:08 pm - mesa, AZ
Best Advice -- Journal your story !! you have so many wonderful changes ahead of you!  and make sure to go to the support groups..  be open minded and not everyone has the same expierience - some are so much better than others..

Your new life awaits you ...

p.s. - Dr Blackstone is good .. and now we have a lot of other wonderful Dr's in town these days ..
and the program is what adds to your success -- Warning >>> you wont see her much after your  surgery...

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

ginau
on 5/30/11 11:12 pm - mesa, AZ

After my surgery with her -- I never saw her again as a patient.. all my follow up was with her  staff and Randy   her  Nurse practioner   was awesome!!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active