Off to Montreal

Jody U.
on 2/25/07 10:27 am - Port Moody, Canada
Well I have booked my flight and am leaving for Montreal on Fri Mar 2 for an appt with Dr Christou at his private clinic on Mar 5. I will be having (hopefully) all the pre op testing done that week and then start the liquid diet Mar 27 and surgery on Apr 10. Will keep you posted on the results, wish me luck, Jody
(deactivated member)
on 2/26/07 10:06 am - Victoria, Canada
I hope all goes smoothly for you with Dr. Christou and that your tests results are good too. I will be waiting to hear how it all went. Good luck and dress warm. Janice
sharonspence
on 2/26/07 10:37 am - Canada
Hi Jody I`m happy for you. All the best in Montreal. Good Luck and heres to seeing less of you LOL. Please keep us posted. Sharon
Sim W.
on 2/26/07 11:03 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Jody, Good luck with everything. I am also considering going to Montreal too so please let us know how things go. I am very happy and excited for you. Warm regards Sim
bman78
on 2/26/07 3:48 pm - Burnaby, Canada
Good luck Jody. Sim, any updates on a response from Medical services?
Sim W.
on 2/26/07 8:50 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Bobby, It was so nice to hear from you. Well I have been pretty humbled for the past 2 months and have been goiing thru an emotional roller coaster as the severity of my sleep apnea was diagnosed. Yesterday, I finally got into UBC sleep clinic to talk to the doctor after my sleep study ( 6 weeks later) and he spoke to me about my results. After my stay at the hospital, they had told me about the preliminary results of 59.5 sleep apnea episodes over a 5 hour time frame......well drum roll.....are you sitting down? In actuaL fact Dr. Goold told me I had the MOST SEVERE CASE of sleep apnea he has ever diagnosed. He showed me the chart and it showed 144 times that I had sleep apnea episodes and the average time they lasted were 17 seconds and there were a few times where I stopped breathing for 30 seconds and had an oxygen level of only 50%!!! Thank god my mom came with me as I broke down and cried and felt numb. I guess looking into WLS probably saved my life, I am grateful that they found this as who knows what could have happened if they hadn't. The doctor said because I am young that is probably what helped to keep me alive. He said to lose weight and come back to see him in 6 months. He wrote a letter for me to fax to MSP but the report has to still be dictated still, they put a note saying it URGENT TO BE DICTATED. So that's the story, I hope they will approve me now, who knows we will see. Sim
Most Active