Dr Tangs pre surgery liquid diet??

Momx4kids
on 4/19/11 7:09 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Just wondering if there is someone out there who has had Dr. Tang. I am going over on May 2nd for a anest. consult and to meet with a dietitian. I was wondering what kind of diet if any he asked you to go on to shrink liver? I have not heard anything yet , but expect him to put me on something through the dietitian. Jubilee just called and told me Dr. Tang wants me to get some blood works done on the 2nd. Any experiences would help.
Thanks, Rhonda
jaynak
on 4/21/11 9:21 am - Canada
As far as I know Dr. Tang doesn't require a liquid diet pre-op.  At least he never mentioned it to me when i was seeing him.
Momx4kids
on 4/21/11 6:21 pm, edited 4/21/11 6:21 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
Thanks, I guess I'll see what the dietitian says on the 2nd .     :)
Rhonda
newstart09
on 4/27/11 7:39 am - Victoria , Canada
hey cousin, it's Laurie ...I just went on the msg board and saw your photo....

OMG Rhonda, I haven't been on here for over a year and today I logged in (well had to get a new name as I had lost my old one) anyways, I see you are wondering about Dr Tang.

I had surgery RYN in June of 09 and my husband has gone to visit Dr Tang about a week ago to make steps at having the operation.

As the waiting list is pretty long in BC now, he may ask you to do a liquid diet or something before hand, but I'm not sure as he wasn't the surgeon I had.

Good luck, Laurie
Momx4kids
on 4/27/11 4:55 pm - Abbotsford, Canada

I am so excited to see you here !! I'll facebook you!

Most Active