Appointment with Dr. Nguyen and Dietician

chale
on 11/13/11 6:01 am - Canada
Hey! 

Last Thursday I went for my first follow-up with Dr. Nguyen and Nooshin.  

Dr. Nguyen said that I am healing nicely, and that everything went very smoothly during the surgery.  He has no idea why I am having intermittent dizziness, since the blood work my GP ordered looks very good.   He said that it could just be my body's response to the trauma of the surgery.  He said to monitor it and see what happens.

I have to see him again in 2 weeks and then every three months as he wants to monitor my weight loss closely.  He also gave me a website to sign up for that will help chart my nutrition and weight loss. 

Next I went to see Nooshin - but it wasn't Nooshin!  She was ill, so I saw Debbie, who was very nice.  We went over the past two weeks and all of my questions and concenrs and then she went over the next stage - pureed food - with me. 

Then she weighed me and I was shocked to see that I had lost TWELVE pounds in less than 2 weeks.  She was very pleased with my progress, but said that I would not continue to lose weight at this rate - which I knew.  But it sure was nice to see those numbers - they gave me a real kickstart.

I told her that I am having issues getting all of the supplements in along with all of the food.  Sometimes I feel quite nauseous with all of the pills I have to take.  But she said to just continue trying and all will work out.

I also gave her a copy of the blood work my GP asked me to do and she said I am doing very well with the vitamins and minerals - so I must do something right!

Unfortunately I have a "raging" (my GP's words) bladder infection, so I am on antibiotics and I'm not feeling 100% right now.  But this too shall pass!

Have a good one!

Cynthia
jaynak
on 11/13/11 12:15 pm - Canada
Good to hear that things are going pretty well so far!!!!  Bladder infections suck big time!!!!!  Hope that you feel better soon and your dizziness goes are quickly.

Jayna

Most Active