Support group in Prince George

JulieT72
on 3/6/12 7:36 am - Canada
 Does anyone know if there is an active WLS group in Prince George?The email that was on the Victoria bariatric site was no good.Any info would be good thanks.
shanti4758
on 3/6/12 10:04 am
 Not that I am aware of. There is another member, linda r who is from PG and is post op. i am pre op from PG. .have you had surgery yet? Or what stage are you at?

JulieT72
on 3/6/12 10:35 am - Canada
 Hi I have just had a referral to west coast bariatric in Richmond.I was on the victoria bariatric site and under support groups and they had a email for PG group,but when I emailed it came back to me.So I am or was under the impression that is or was a group.I live in Fort St James and am just kinda seeking so poeple to chat with, ask questions,compare notes etc.Thanks

Linda R.
on 3/9/12 12:32 am - Prince George, Canada
VSG on 02/20/12
hey Julie,

there are no support groups here that I know of, very unfortunate.  Maybe you and shanti and I should start one?  What do you say girls.  I'm game

Linda
JulieT72
on 3/9/12 2:12 am - Canada
 I think that would great!I would depend on day and time because I would be coming from For St James.The info Igot fron Victoria bariatric was as follows:Northern BC WLS Support Group meets in Prince George. Contact Becky at [email protected] for more details. But the email didn't work for me.
I also know of a lady that in December had her surgery,she is from Vanderhoof.
 Let me know if,when and where,and I'll try to be there.
Thanks Linda 
Julie

bamf
on 3/13/12 10:12 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Hi:
I will be back in PG between May 3rd & 10th, if you can set-up a casual "meet & greet" at a coffee shop, or someplace convenient for as many interested weight loss support people, as possible, I will make myself available for support, just let me know when & where.
Thanks, Barb

shanti4758
on 3/10/12 1:08 pm
 Sure we could get together for coffee and see how it goes.

karen26
on 3/13/12 4:19 am - Canada
Hi I just joined this forum. I am expecting my first visit with the surgen in Richmond and would love to talk to all. Its great to know there are others from PG and surrounding communities that have or are going thru this. I am both scared and excited about the surgery.
Linda R.
on 3/14/12 1:11 am, edited 3/15/12 3:29 am - Prince George, Canada
VSG on 02/20/12
Ok All interested parties how about it. 
Which will work better for you Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon?
First weekend in May. (5-6)  I'll find the place you let me know aprox. who can attend.
 Get togethers are so much fun

Linda
Ps:  All those interested email me at [email protected]

Once I have an idea of how many and when is best I'll work on the details and let each person know. Linda

JulieT72
on 3/14/12 4:05 am - Canada
Just for the record Saturday afternoon is better for me.I'll sure try to be there.I'll see if my friend from Vanderhoof can make it too.
Thanks 
Julie

Most Active