Help!

Rennaa
on 6/13/14 9:10 am - Houston, Canada

Im new to this site and my questions have likely already been asked but I need help.  I am in dire need of getting the by pass done, I am just now on a wait list to meet with dr Amson.  I have a BMI of 52.3 ( hangs head in shame ).  I was wondering what order drs do the operation in BC, or if any Alberta drs do it and it would be covered by BC med?  I have also heard that some wont do it with a BMI over 40?  I just need help getting info.  Thanks in advance for your time and replies. 

Frankie82
on 6/17/14 12:41 pm
RNY on 08/07/14

Hey Rennaa,
I googled "surgical wait times in BC" and found the ministry website for surgical times. I then selected bariatric and then called every doctor that was listed to see how long their wait times were. I had already been on the waitlist with Dr. Amson for 3 years at that point, and I was basically looking at 2 years to get in to see a doctor to be put on the waitlist. No harm in calling them and asking the staff at the doctors your questions.

crymacd
on 9/15/14 2:26 pm - ABBOTSFORD, Canada

Its not that bad, I was surprised as I only had my Doctor refer me to Richmond Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery last May ( 2013 ) and I got a call last week to start at the Garret Wellness Centre Next tuesday :) Very excited to start my journey !!

Neeven Soodyall
on 7/14/14 4:42 am - Surrey, Canada

I'm in BC; had surgery in Seattle but was paid for by BC Health. You may want to explore Out Of Country Funding like I did. My blog contains some information as well as other insights.

Neeven Soodyall
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Most Active