Potential Surgery Date!!!! HOORAY

L_Ballantyne1962
on 6/4/15 4:01 pm - Canada

I got a call from Dr. Malik's office on Tuesday I have a potential surgery date of August 12. It was really awesome because I am able to have my consultation with Dr. Malik via the phone on June 10th ( apparently they will do this if you have seen the doctor in the last year. I saw Dr. Malik in March) I have been cleared for surgery but I use the word "potential" only because you never know if Dr. Malik will change the date or something happens that changes my date. I am really hoping nothing happens to change the date. I am so excited but scared at the same time.  It is a journey getting to this point.

Daniel88
on 6/10/15 8:30 am

Congratulations. It is awesome to hear how your journey has progressed. I did my orientation in May and have finished the bloodwork, ecg, and sleep test. Now it is just a waiting game for me. 

I am very excited for you and hope you will keep us posted over the next two months. 

Daniel

Shainsley
on 6/12/15 3:48 pm - Canada

So so excited for you! This is wonderful news. All the waiting will pay off - your turn is just around the corner now. Best of luck with the pre-op and keep us up to date on your progress!

Kim

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/15 10:27 am

Congratulations!! Send you positive vibes for the scheduled date. I will be seeing Carla and Dr. Zetner at the end of July. Hoping to be on the losing side soon.

A friend of mine had surgery with Dr. Malik last November and now she's running 5K and down 88lbs. 

Best of luck to you!!

mamaj1950
on 7/22/15 5:53 pm - Canada

best of luck on your journey .i began mine about 2 years ago at dr.amson's lost 50 pounds prior to my surgery july 6 2015.dr.khan who is filling in for dr.amsom performed gastric sleeve surgery. all went well he is not overly talkative but i think a very good surgeon.

i follow all rules for best post op diet and exercise.so far just treadmill at fitness center in ladysmith vancouver island bc

i am new to all this but made sure i had measuring cups scales etc and suggested protein and vitamins on hand at home.best of luck on your new journey  you will do well.

L_Ballantyne1962
on 7/23/15 11:42 pm - Canada

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Funny way to feel. LOL!!! How are you doing? I would love to hear how you are doing at a couple of weeks out. I have been reading over the information that Dr. Malik's office gave me to make sure I am well prepared when I get home. Let me know how you are doing. Laura

mamaj1950
on 7/24/15 4:47 pm - Canada

hello had surgery gastric sleeve july 6 saw my dietician at her office in duncan and was down 16 pounds since surgery. was very pleased following all the rules for the diet and doing treadmill at fitness center .so far i feel great on the start of an exciting journey.i wish all the best for you .see carla and dr.khan on aug 4.

Most Active