Leaving Province Quick UPDATE

dietersteven
on 6/27/17 4:27 pm

How did it go?:)

Mjdvan
on 4/11/17 12:33 am

Which surgeon did you use? I'm coming in to some cash and have only been referred 10mon the ago.

dietersteven
on 4/11/17 7:08 am

Physi-med was the clinic and my surgeon was Dr. Chow.

ive lost 80% of my excess weight since Sept 25th 2016.

Started at 347lbs

today at 205lbs

[email protected] send email here to get started.

dietersteven
on 4/24/17 11:16 pm
dietersteven
on 6/27/17 4:56 pm

Have you made any progress? Although I've already had the surgery: just recived a call from Victoria bariatric center telling me I'm now officially "in the program" exactly two years after my GP referral. They said I can now begin a two to three year process of determining if I can have the surgery!

I asked when I could expect surgery date and still they were evasive, offering only "maybes". Finally I told them I've gone elsewhere.

That should open open up a spot for the next person on the list!

Mjdvan
on 6/27/17 4:59 pm

No progress as far as BC goes. I am going to Mexico on either august or september. How has your weight loss been? The state of affairs in British Columbia for this surgery is definitely poor.

dietersteven
on 6/27/17 5:06 pm

Glad to hear you are going for it despite the dog and pony show that is our health care system!!

Ive lost 145lbs and my dietician has set the bar at another 13lbs to lose and no more, although she has said that if I stay where I'm at that's fine too.

I'm currently loosing about 1 lb per week. It's a lot slower weight loss now but still coming.... I have to admit I'm getting about 1900cal per day which is difficult to achieve with a shot glass sized stomach. I'll admit I'm concerned that the weight loss won't stop when I want/need it to.

We will just have to see what the next few months brings and go from there :)

beSt of luc****ep us posted!

Most Active