Important Question but very personal!

Kelly T.
on 9/26/08 6:47 am - Yucaipa, CA

It's been a while since I've posted but I didn't know where else to turn.  I've called my doctor and he doesn't seem to be too worried.  Of course, he e-mailed back that he was out of the office for 2 months due to a neck injury.

Anyways,  Here goes....

It's been about 4 weeks since I've actually gone to the bathroom.  I've tried taking like 4 laxatives, Milk of Magnesia and a suppository and nothing has worked.  I'm not sure if this was surgery related so where else would I go but here???

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/08 7:24 am - Palmdale, CA
call ur surgeon or someone at tthe surgeons office.  Someone must be covering for your dr.  You haven't  passed any stool????  Surgeon PCP or whoever is covering and then a referral maybe to a GI.
Liz
Kelly T.
on 9/26/08 7:39 am - Yucaipa, CA
I had spoken with my PCP.  I guess I should call Pacific. 

Could this be related to surgery?  I know you are the wizard....

Why would none of the laxative products work?  I don't want to have that part of me checked out. 

vicki M.
on 9/26/08 8:37 am - NAS Lemoore, CA
Whether or not it is surgically related is of no matter....you haven't had a BM in almost 4 WEEKS?  Sorry, that isn't normal.  Are you having stomach pains? Is your stomach hard and distended? I am concerned that your PCP wasn't too worried about it.  I am with Liz with calling to get into see your surgeon or, at the very least, someone that is covering for your PCP. 

Hope everything comes out okay....Pun intended! 
Vicki M Proud NAVY wife and veteran!!!

Optimists are right. So are pessimists. It's up to you to choose which you will be.~~Harvey Mackay

Janel B
on 9/26/08 10:31 am - Oakley, CA
Please be seen by your surgeon, or any other health professional who will be concerned.

I know of 2 RNYers who've had bowel obstructions....not to say you have one, not trying to freak you out, but they are way serious. Plus, even if you don't have that, which from what I hear, you'd know it if you did, you still want to be checked out...having all that waste inside your body is not safe for you at all. Geez, I didn't go for a week after my plastic surgery, and was so worried. I take 6 stool softeners now, but because I'm way down on pain meds, I'll start to take less.

have you tried a Fleet's enema?......the other day that, and a few Fleet's suppositories were what I needed and they worked good........maybe a little too good, but nevertheless, I was thankful!!!
Janel  
anewbecboo
on 9/26/08 4:45 pm - Ellensburg, WA
I would definitely call PacBar and see what they say! No matter what it is, it can't be good!!
I have issues with this anyway and I have to take Miralax and Colace daily to be able to have a BM a day, but I have issues and hernias!
Have you had any pain or anything?? You could very well have an obstruction, but I would think you would have pain with that! BE SEEN PLEASE, this could be really serious!!! 
Keep us posted! You are in my prayers sweetie!!! 
bigg huggs, Becky

Surgery was RNY 5/21/07...I can be found on Facebook: anewbecboo or Becky Reddick 

Crysti S.
on 9/27/08 4:48 am
 I have always had bm issues, always constipated and now is no different.  I need to start stool softeners again.  But before surgery I was concerned so they told me to drink Milk of Magnesia and I didn't really know HOW much, so I downed 1/2 the bottle, lol... needless to say, it worked miracles!!  Now I just sip on it when I need some relief.

I'm sorry you're not going, I know that pain.  :(

Good luck!
Highest: 245 / Surg Day: 233 / Now: 166 / Dr's Goal: 130

Most Active