Question....

smurfsmurf
on 4/15/11 4:01 am

Hello Everyone!!

Im glad to be back im telling you no internet sucked and my phone is annoying to try and view websites in full!!

My question is im now 9 months out, and I have been in a serious stall, im talking about a month and a half, ive increased my workout, cut calories, added calories,  changed what i was eating, The scale just wont move, Any ideas what I can do???

Have a Smurfy Day!!!! 
                                            ~Susan~

SUNRAY
on 4/15/11 5:50 am - Sacramento, CA
Be patient!  Instead of counting on the scales to tell you how you are doing....how are your clothes fitting, how's your energy?  Have you called your doctor's office..spoke with a nutritionist?  Are you getting ALL your water, and then some more? Are you journaling your daily food?  Just to be sure there aren't some sneaky carbs squeeking in?   Sometimes our bodies just need a break...and a chance to 'catch up' to the weight loss.  Just keep following your doctor's protocol...and if nothing else, call him/her and tell him of your concerns.  But at 9mos out, a stall is not unusal at all...just frustrating when you want to keep losing...we've all been there ;-)  Hang in there...if you're doing what you're suppose to be doing...the weight will once again start to come off...just need a little patience ^_^
Hugs
Nancy aka sunray

243.0/213.0/141/130  Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal

bebaugh
on 4/15/11 9:42 am - Merced, CA
Sounds like good advice to me. Hang in there!

Bebaugh (Elizabeth)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." Carl Bard    

Dave Chambers
on 4/15/11 10:14 am - Mira Loma, CA
A phrase I heard at a support meeting the other night, "if you bite it, write it". Write down your mood at the time you eat, as well as exact food or beverage and amounts.  You may be surprised to see a pattern.  Possibly eating more than you think, eating the wrong foods when your depressed or angry, etc. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

smurfsmurf
on 4/15/11 10:20 am

Thanks for the advice, Its just hard for me to beleive its normal, Im still a long way from goal weight and its just odd to me i guess that I just stalled out. Thanks again!

msblues
on 4/15/11 3:46 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Hi Smurf,

Reading your message helps me because I've practically had the same experience. I am a year and 10 months out and at about a year I stopped losing weight dead in my tracks. I increased the exercise, but without noticing, I realized i could eat a lot more and I was increasing the types of food I was eating. I allowed carbs to creep back into my diet too, but in a controlled way, nothing like I did before. I too could lose a lot more weight, maybe 60 to 70 more pounds on top of the 82 I have already lost.

I think seeing a nutritionist is a great idea and also concentrating on things other than weight is good for sanity's sake. I am trying so hard not to feel like a weight loss surgery failure and when I see what I've done for my health, I've hit a homerun. Except for being deficient in Vitamin D, all my other numbers without looking at my weight would demonstrate a healthy person. That makes me very happy!! Also, when is the last time I ever lost weight and kept it off for 10 months!!

You're doing great!

MsBlues
Most Active