What are yout thoughts about overweight people

yellomodelchick06
on 5/6/11 3:23 am - Moreno Valley, CA
I really hate the fact that people think that because you are overwweight that there is something different about you... I have tons of friends and family who love me. Im educated... I have ALWAYS had self esteem and thought that I was THE BOMB!! LOL!!..But the one area that I have not been able to conquer is my weight loss.. I just wish people were more compassionate with this issue. It really gets under my skin sometimes.. I also have never had a problem attracting a man..Every man likes different women...I want to get WLS for me and no one else... Okay Im done venting.. Let me know your thoughts.

PCP Refferal 4/19/2011
Appt w/ Bariatric nurst 5/19/2011
Hoping to have surgery around Oct.
maryjos39
on 5/6/11 3:55 am - Yucaipa, CA
Hi there! I would have to agree w/u! my best friend tells me all the time that i have more confindence then anyone she knows....I also want the WLS for my health and for my 12 yoa daughter...i am in no way doing this for vanity reasons...and i was worried about people at work finding out and being negative but like a family memeber told me...if they know u then they know u are not doing it for vanity :) those are your true friends

good luck :) 
Melody Deutsch
on 5/6/11 6:04 am - CA
 Well hello, and I will have to agree with you both,
    NOt to many are compassionate, but not much can be done
   about that, people are just who they are.
      I am going to have a RNY when there ready to give me a
    date, have to lose 40 pounds first.
    Just keep strong.......all will be fine.
      Good luck to you.
     Melody

crystalLL
on 5/6/11 6:31 am - Hemet, CA
People can sometimes be so mean.  I know exactly where you are coming from.  You just keep being who you are and you don't have to prove yourself to anyone but you.  Kudos to you all for wanting to make the change.  That is the hardest step.  I am so blessed that I had this surgery and I wish I had done it sooner.  I had high self esteem at 350+ pounds and have not changed the person who I am, people around me have changed.  This is something you will see in time.  Just keep it real. 

CRYSTAL LL    HW 357 SW 343  GW 175 (almost there)                                  
msblues
on 5/6/11 3:57 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Right on!!!!! My diabetes doctor and I were talking about weight and he said a lot is determined by genes and the fact that he doesn't naturally put on weight doesn't make him a more virtourous or better person than me. I'm so sick of being told for so long I suck because I don't fit into an image that our society deems to be a sign of success. I struggle every day with not hating myself for not being a size 9.

I told my doctor I felt like a weight loss surgery failure for only losing 80 pounds and I could still lose.60 pounds and still be healthy. What a crazy world we live in when a person can lose 80 pounds, keep it off for a year and feel like a failure.
Most Active