OT: Anyone a C10 Electrician?

Caligirlgina
on 5/10/11 2:05 pm - CA

I am trying to ask this question everywhere. My husband and I own an electrical company and my grandfather was the RMO of our Corporation. Basically he was the managing partner of our company. After 5 years he was going to do a waiver and transfer over eveything to us. Unfortunately my grandfather was killed after a horrible accident on April 10th. My husband and are at a loss. We need to find a C10 RMO replacement qualifier ASAP in order to continue our business. We have ordered the study material to take the test, however we only have 60 days left to get a replacement. It is not a big company by any means. We would compensate. We have three small children and this is our livelihood and feel like we are going to lose everything we have worked so hard for.
PLEASE if anyone knows anyone that can help us we would be forever grateful. It is very hard for me to ask for help so this is really going out on for me.
Thank you
Gina

crystalbear61
on 5/11/11 9:22 am - Riverside, CA
I just sent you a message
Britgal8888
on 5/11/11 10:04 am - CA
VSG on 11/28/11 with
Hi Gina,

My husband's a C-10.  Where are you located?

Did you call the CSLB (Contractor's State License Board) to find out if the test can be waived as your RMO was a relative.

PK
Caligirlgina
on 5/11/11 1:27 pm - CA

Hello, yes we did contact the CSLB...several times! We can not have a waiver because it is a Corporation. The only time you can have a waiver is if RMO has been on the license 5 years. My brother actually called me ( we don't speak and have not for years) and he is going to be the RMO I believe. He and I are meeting tomorrow...wish me luck. He is a C-10 so we are good in that aspect. I am now studying for the General Contractor's test and hubby studying for the C-10 test. I think we are good now!
Thanks
Gina
We are located in Simi Valley

alyzbzee
on 5/11/11 10:38 am - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
 You or your husband if keeping the business going, one of you will need a C-10 license.  If you are a union contractor it is mandatory that you have a C-10 license to operate a business and all employees starting at the journeyman level are required to be certified electricians which is re-newed every 3 years.

As for the RMO, that person does not need to be licensed, but does need to be involved in the every day, day to day operations of at least 51%.  This is how I remember doing our changes in our office several years back.  

Hope this helps, but do call the CSLB as they are very helpful in guiding you.  If you are a union contractor call your local union to get help.

Annette

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

Caligirlgina
on 5/11/11 1:29 pm - CA
Thanks Annette...believe me I called the CSLB...many times. They were trying to help me but they said we either needed to find a new RMO (replacement qualifier) or take the tests. I think we have everything figured out. My brother, who is the black sheep of the family, called me and told me he figured we may need his help. He said he knew grandpa was helping us and was not on the license long enough. We are meeting with him tomorrow so wish us luck. In the meantime we have all the study material for the C10 and B1. I will take the B and hubby will take the Electrical.
Thank you for your input!
Gina
bebaugh
on 5/11/11 1:05 pm - Merced, CA
I don't know the answer to your question but I noticed on an earlier post that your surgery is coming up and I wanted to wish you good luck. Keep us posted on your progress and remember to get everything ready before your surgery. Looking forward to having you join the loser's bench with us!

Bebaugh (Elizabeth)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." Carl Bard    

Caligirlgina
on 5/11/11 1:30 pm - CA
Thank you soooo much. Yes it is one more month away. Super excited and I know the time is going to fly by.
Gina
Most Active