Health Insurance

Jackie717
on 5/18/11 3:05 am
Hi Peeps,
I don't know if this has been an issue for any of you, however, I had health insurance when I had my surgery 7/16/09.   I was on cobra plan from being laid off.  However, the cobra plan expired and I wasn't able to find a job with a company so I am a consultant which doesn't have health benefits obviously.

I tried all over for private insurance and no one would accept because I had gastric bypass surgery and I still have more weight to lose.  They say the risk of RNY + a still high BMI, declines me.

So now I have problems, I am in desperate need for medical care and a surgery and I can't get insurance.

Has anyone had this situation and found anyone to accept you.  I didn't know it would be so hard to get it afterwards and right now I'm very stressed out and scared not knowing what to do.

Even if I got private insurance now they probably won't take pre-existing conditions.

Would like any opinions.  

Thanks,

Jackie
Started Liquid pre-op diet July 2, 2009 / Surgery on July 16th, 2009
Starting weight: 385
Current: 245
First goal: 180

shantele7824
on 5/18/11 4:33 am - SAN PABLO, CA
Hi Jackie

I have a insurance plan named PCIP (pre-existing condition insurance plan) look into it, www.pcip.ca.gov good luck.  They are how I was able to have my sleeve done and it isn't expensive at all.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

Jackie717
on 5/18/11 7:19 am
Oh wow!  I didn't know this existed, Thanks so much!  I have all my forms filled out, now I just need to find my denial letter from insurance from last Summer!  

MUCH Appreciated!!

Jackie
Started Liquid pre-op diet July 2, 2009 / Surgery on July 16th, 2009
Starting weight: 385
Current: 245
First goal: 180

shantele7824
on 5/18/11 7:52 am - SAN PABLO, CA
yay, I am so happy you will be able to use them it was so easy for me, make sure you read everything correctly and turn in everything they ask for with the payment.  Also ask when is the last day to turn in all paperwork so that you can have coverage the next month I think if you want coverage for like July all paperwork is due like june 10 or so, just ask them they were very helpful and pleasant where do you live?

And please befriend me and let me know how everything is coming along.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

Most Active