Anyone waiting on a date from Pacific Bariatric?

yellomodelchick06
on 7/16/11 1:24 pm - Moreno Valley, CA
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone was waiting on a surgery date with Pacific Bariatrics? Also how long was your process with them
Thanks In Advance
Nicole
newbarb2
on 7/17/11 1:18 am
Nicole,

Not waiting but just wanted to give you support and encouragement and let you know we're here!  Welcome to the Cali board and hope you come back and post often about your journey.

Barb

yellomodelchick06
on 7/17/11 3:24 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Thanks I appreciate that...I am almost there, just waiting on a date from pacific...
shantee
on 7/17/11 6:15 am - san diego, CA
Hello i got my surgery done thru pacific bariatric. My surgeon was dr taller he was excellent. but it took 21/2 months before i got an approval then i had to wait 2months to get a surgery date. theres one thing i have to let u know make sure your insurance when they approve u your covered for both the surgery and the hospital stay because my surgery almost was canceled because they called me the day before the surgery and to top it all off it was and hour before they closed to tell me that my documentation from weigh****chers wasnt good enough it had to be documented by a doctor and that my hospital stay was not covered by the insurance i was so pissed off because they waited til the last minute then they called me back and said the insurance was goin to give them and auth for the hospital stay in the morning if they had anyother issues they will call. also i had to contact the insurance to see if all my documents and recomendation letter was sent to the insurance because a month rolled by stiil i didnt here from pacific bariatrics i called them every two weeks then i asked when was the paperwork sent and they said they faxed it a month ago so what i did was contacted the insurance to see what was goin on and they said that they didnt receive anythinh so i asked for there fax number and come to find out they faxed it to the wrong number. which again messed me up so i called pacific bariatrics again gave them the right fax number and the name of the person to send it to then i waited a week then i called my insurance and asked was it approved and they said yes then i called pacific bariatric gave them the approval number then they finally scheduled me for my surgery for july 1st i know its alot of work but its well worth it sorry for the book but i just wanted to give you a heads up so u wont have to go thru what i went thru . let me kno if u have any other questions have a good day god bless and good luck on your weight loss journey
Don24348
on 7/17/11 8:17 am - Hawaiian Gardens, CA
I saw the surgeon on august 2nd and got a call on oct 14th for surgery on dec 8th. It takes awhile to geta surgery date.

Start of Kasier Optifast program

Highest 399
Start of kasier options 377 3-10
Surgery 362 12-7-10
back home  352 12-11-10  
12-16-10  338
01-01-11  323
02-01-11  314
03-01-11  310
03-13-11  304  
03-20-11  302
06-08-11  301 6 Months since surgery
yellomodelchick06
on 7/18/11 4:42 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Hi shantee,
Thanks so much for telling me everything, It seem that you really have to be your won advocate in getting this surgery... I have Dr. Taller too. I met with him and he was great. I will update everyone.. I will be so much more excited when i get a date.
beckysuea
on 7/22/11 12:20 pm

I saw the surgeron in 4/4/11 and a week later got my surgery date of 9/6/11.  I was told if I put on 1 lb the surgery would be cancelled. 

Most Active