Sac area WLS support group - Pre-Thanksgiving gameplan

ruggie
on 11/20/11 3:00 am - Sacramento, CA
Howdy folks -

Still seeing if people are interested in a Sac-area WLS support group.  I had a meeting yesterday, but no one showed up.  I'm giving this another try - let's see if people are still interested in meeting? I thought we could focus on holiday eating, especially with all the family expectations. I've collected some tips on how WLS people can successfully survive these encounters (some of which I posted in the forum on Meetup.com). Afterwards, I'd like to close the meetings with getting some ideas from you all on time, locations, and especially future topics of interest. For this meetup, I've selected a location in East Sac.

The meetup group is here.

The direct link to this new meetup Tuesday evening is here.

Hope some of you will make it!!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

MacMadame
on 11/20/11 6:23 am - Northern, CA
I don't live in that area so I'm not going to come no matter what so take this with a grain of salt...

I think this is a very hard time to start a new support group. Attendence in long running support groups are down this time of year. Heck, my program cancels the Dec. one.

My suggestion is to pick a date in January and then spend the next two months talking it up in every place that WLS patients from Sac would be (so not just OH and not just the CA board). That will be plenty of time for people to find out about the new group and put it on their calendar.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

ruggie
on 11/20/11 8:20 am - Sacramento, CA
Hey Mac -

Thanks for the advice.  Why is attendence down this time of year; because of the food-centric holidays?

I might take up your suggestion, or I might continue - I'm pretty stuborn ;)

MacMadame
on 11/20/11 10:57 am - Northern, CA
It's because there are tons of events and often people have to pick and choose. If something happens every month (support group) and the alternate event is once a year (office Holiday Party), people usually pick the on off. People go out of town too.

But in Jan people are all fired up to make THIS YEAR better than last year. 

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

ruggie
on 11/20/11 1:00 pm - Sacramento, CA
True enough!

Most Active