VSG the best surgery to date?

sweetishgirl
on 1/7/12 3:21 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I have heard that the VSG surgery is, to date, the best, most succesful surgery so far.  Can anyone tell me where I can find the success rates of all three weight loss surgeries-VSG, DS and RNY???
Bettisima
on 1/15/12 2:05 am
I dont know if you received an answer, as this board isn't really active. I admit I am on OH daily, but don't stop in here often.

VSG is considered a newer surgery and doesn't have the historical information, that RNY and DS have. Both of those surgeries can provide you data around the average excess weight loss, weight regain at 5 years post op, or 10 years post op. As well as some long term information around the percentage if cured comorbidities. Dsfacts.com is a great resource for informtion about the DS.

I would suggest posting this same question to the main board, where there are a lot of folks with every surgery type to provide you feedback. There are also boards for each surgery type where you will get a lot of information about the specific surgeries.

Surgery choice is a very personal thing, I don't know that there is one surgery that is the absolute best for everyone.

Best of luck on your journey!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4625 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5629 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5870 views