Almost there...but what's next?

hotsun
on 7/22/03 4:00 am - New Britain, CT
RNY on 10/06/03 with
Hi Everyone. I'm a first time poster, long-time reader. I am a patient of the marvelous Dr Aranow and I have completed all my post-op testing. I know he's been on vacation this month (must be nice!) and I called to see if everything is in but their so swamped with calls and questions I feel mine is trivial, so I'll ask all of you professionals. What is my next step? Will I have another appt to meet with him? will they submit directly to my ins company? Luckily everything went really well and I can't complain about the speed of thingsm but now that I'm done I want to jump to the next step. Thanks everyone in advance for passing on your expertise!
LMCLILLY
on 7/24/03 2:25 am - Central, CT
Waiting is the most frustrating thing in the world! I know that this time is probably tough for you. It is my recollection that after all my pre-op tests were done, Dr. A had to review all the results and decide if there was anything further that needed to be done or any concerns that would warrant treatment or make you not a candidate. After he reviewed, Lois called and said I was good to go and they were submitting to insurance. Then you just wait for the insurance. I'm so sorry that there is no time frame that I can give you. Sometimes you just have to 'hurry up and wait.' With Dr. A being on vacation, which he surely deserves keeping the pace he does, I'll be willing to bet they're backed up for a while. You could send an email and ask about the time frame now that all your tests are complete. Or, just give them a call and let them know what your ? is. I'm sure they're busy, but probably less so since they arent getting any new patients while he's on vacation! I always struggled with 'not wanting to bother' the office. But, it's a simple enough question. Don't feel bad, just ask!. Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics