A CHANGE IN INS CARRIERS

JENNIFER L.
on 8/4/03 10:33 am - CHESHIRE, CT
HELLO MY NAME IS JENNIFER AND I AM NEW TO CT AND AM DOING PRE-OP TESTING FOR SURGERY. I AM A PATIENT OF DR NEIL FLOCH. MY QUESTION IS, HAS ANYBODY HAD TO CHANCE INSURANCES MID-STREAM. MY HUSBAND IS GOING TO CHANCE COMPANIES AND INSURANCE COMPANIES AS WELL. I HAVE HMO BLUE NEW ENGLAND NOW AND WILL BE CHANGING TO CIGNA. DO I HAVE TO GO THROUGH TESTING AGAIN FOR CIGNA? ANY ADVICE I CAN GET WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Heather S.
on 8/16/03 3:16 am - Branford, CT
Jennifer, I have Cigna and I just wanted to warn you that Cigna has recently changed it's rules about covering WLS. You are now required to have two 6 month periods on a Dr. supervised diet with regularly scheduled weigh in's and show significant progress. One of these two month periods has to be in the last year. I got my surgery right before they changed the rules and my Dr's office said I am very lucky because they are not budging on this one. I also heard a "rumor" on here that they will not be covering it in the future. I have no idea if there is any truth to this or not. Is there any way you could keep your current insurance? Best of luck and I hope things work out well for you.
Most Active
Recent Topics