Protien

Kathy B.
on 8/16/03 9:42 am - East Windsor, CT
Hi everyone. I know that this is a bit premature, but I've been wondering about it. For those of you who are post-op and who HATE milk, what protein drink did you find you could tolerate? Also, while I am asking about protein, did anyone find a particulary good protein powder to add to your diet after you were able to begin table food again? Thanks in advance, -- Kathy B
Triscuba
on 8/17/03 12:40 am - West Hartford, CT
Hey Kathy, Yes, I found a great protein drink that requires no milk and is not a powder. ISOPURE Zero Carb drinks are a whey protein isolate which is so refined there is no grit or powder residue. They come in 20 oz. bottles in flavors like Blue Rasberry, Grape Frost, Apple Melon (I find this one too sweet) , Fruit Punch and Spicy Orange (which tastes more like apricot to me). All of the calories are from protein (160 cals, 40 grams of protein per 20 oz.) and you can buy them at GNC (they are a bit pricey, but for me, worth every cent, especially since I am saving so much other money on food). They saved my life. I hated the powdery "shakes" and I tried to add protein powder to things like oatmeal and yogurt, but it just made everything taste like cardboard. Also, I found that I continually needed to keep shaking the shakes so that the powder (where all the protein is) would mix in again because it took me so long to drink them. I really like these Isopure's, they taste like I am drinking a fruit drink or Hi-C rather than a thick gritty cardboard shake. Good luck, Callie
Most Active
Recent Topics