Drs. Floch and Ehrlich

Bette B.
on 9/3/03 11:02 pm
I went to their surgery seminar at Norwalk Hospital on Tuesday. If I had any doubts about this surgery when I went, I certainly didn't when I left. I really didn't have any doubts, since I had done so much research on the internet (thank you, obesityhelp.com!) and wouldn't have minded if they did the surgery before I left the meeting! The meeting ran almost 2 hours - actually, it may have gone longer, since the doctors stayed to answer more questions after a lot of us had left. Both of them are so surprisingly young! They were amazingly patient with questions, very detailed in their descriptions of both the band and bypass procedures. A gastric band was passed around to look at - it was so small! Later in the meeting, members of the surgery support group, who had been meeting upstairs in the hospital, joined us and shared their experiences. How can you not be amazed when someone who had the surgery two weeks ago says she's already had a double-digit weight loss? You could sew my lips together and I still don't think I lose that much. They talked about all the benefits they've derived: being able to give up medications that they had taken for years, being able to just get out there and live again. That's what *I* want, and I am so inspired! I have my first meeting with Dr. Ehrlich on the 15th, and am SO looking forward to it. As exciting as I was by the possibilities this procedure offers, I am twice as much now.
Mary Lou C.
on 9/4/03 3:07 am - Milford, CT
Hi Bette, I'm so glad you had such a wonderful response to the meeting. My cousin went to that meeting also but I have not had a chance to talk to him. I have a different doctor (Dr. Bell) but felt the same way after my first group meeting. I am seven weeks out from lap rny and am feeling great. It's the best thing I could have ever done for myself. Best wishes on your journey and if there's anything I can help with, please do not hesitate. Mary Lou C
kmax71
on 9/5/03 8:38 am - Lisbon, CT
Hi Bette, I agree Dr.'s Floch & Elrich are wonderful! I'm scheduled for surgery 9/16 and couldn't be more excited! I can't believe how nice they are, they really care about their patients and the girls in the office are just as nice! Good luck. Kim
Louise C.
on 9/11/03 12:23 am - New Milford, CT
I am a past patient of Dr. Floch. I was the 10th bypass that he did! I love the group- there is nobody better IMHO. The entire staff is great- so caring. You will be so pleased with them and hopefully with the results you get. I have never seen another program where the docs take so much time with prospective patients. Especially in the evenings when they could be at home with their families. But it just goes to show how much they care. They are also excellant surgeons! The bonus is the aftercare program is fab! I have lost 76 pounds in 4 1/2 months! Good luck and God bless!
Most Active
Recent Topics