Want more info about downfalls and long term successes.

Lyn L.
on 9/6/03 2:49 am - Middletown, CT
RNY on 02/03/04 with
Hi everyone! This is my first post. I have been exploring the surgery on TV and the Internet, have been to Dr. Aranow's introductory class, and have been watching this and other sites for some time now. Currently I am waiting for my scheduled appointment with Dr. Aranow. I have learned much from this group of courageous people and find everyone's personal experiences very valuable. Most everyone's posts are very positive and encouraging. I am not concerned with actually having the surgery, being able to lose the weight, or even maintaining the loss in the short term. My greatest concern is my success in keeping it off for the rest of my life. The most I've been able to keep a weight loss off is about 5 years. Most of the folks responding on this site are pre-op or under 2 years post-op. I'd love to hear from people that have been post-op for more than 4 or 5 years and whether they have experienced long term benefits or disapointment. I really want to know more info on the potential for long term success and other negatives that patients may experience. If there is anyone that can shed more light on the subject fro me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening! Lyn
LMCLILLY
on 9/8/03 12:38 am - Central, CT
Hi Lyn. May I sugest that youpost this on the main message board? You probably will find more folks there that can answer you. there are lots of them lurking around and answering questions. Good luck to you. Dr. Aranow is my surgeon and I adore him. Open RNY 11/18/02 306/170/153
Most Active
Recent Topics