Insurance Questions,etc!

Jenn C.
on 7/8/13 2:35 pm - Naugatuck, CT
RNY on 10/21/13

I have been on the fence for quite some time about getting RNY surgery and I am SO VERY CLOSE to doing it! My biggest question is this: Will my insurance cover it and what do I have to do. Currently I have CBA Blue which is a subsidary of Blue Cross Blue Shield. I also have Husky A (medicaid)as my secondary. I have a relative idea of what I probably have do since my mom had the RNY in May of 2005. I am not sure of my exact weight, last time I was weighed I was about 360lbs. I am 5'11 so I know my BMI falls into the category of being "suitable" for it. I am also diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I am borderline hypertention and I am not sure about sleep apnea.

Yes, I know. I should just call them but it's 12:30 in the morningI'm just antsy!!!

Another question, I am in Naugatuck(next to Waterbury). My mom went thru Dr. Elmer Valin at St. Raphael' Hospital. I went with her a few times to see what she was doing and just being supportive for her.I have looked over his WHOLE website and I am pretty impressed. I looked at a few other surgeons but no one in particular stuck out. Does anyone have any suggestions for a surgeon? I understand that most insurance companies like people to go thru a "center of excellence" 

CPA_Loser
on 7/26/13 9:36 am - WA
I know this is an older post, but I live in Waterbury and have decided to have WLS. I am going through a Center of Excellence in Hartford. The surgeons are Dr. Tishler and Dr. Papasavas. I have met them both at my education seminar and they seem great! I have my consult on Aug 5th with Dr. Papasavas.

As for insurance, there really is NO way anyone else can tell you what is covered for your plan unless they work at the same place. We could both have the same insurance provider and I could be covered and you not. It's something the employer decides when they choose the plan.

Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics