Northern Delaware On-Line Support Group

Barbara M.
on 9/12/03 8:52 am
Hi, my name is Barbara, I live in Bear, Delaware and I had Gastric Bypass Surgery on November 20, 2002. As of today I have lost 100 pounds and am doing great. The reason I am writing to you is that there is an on-line Gastric Bypass Surgery support group that I am a member of. We support each other along the weight loss journey through e-mails. We are looking for new members. There is no cost involved; we are just looking for new people to join our group as each new person brings new experiences to the group. Some of our members have expressed a desire to attend a support group to discuss issues that they are personally dealing with. Beginning in October 2003 we plan on starting monthly support meetings where we can get together and share our thoughts and issues. Our Yahoo Group mission statement is: WLS-Northern Delaware was established to provide on-line support to those who live in the Northern Delaware area and have had weight loss surgery, as well as those who are in the process, or just thinking about having the surgery. Please send an email letting us know who and where you are and where you are on the WLS path. Once your membership has been approved please post an email to the group introducing yourself! Include any information you'd like, but most importantly, tell us where you are on the WLS path, when your surgery was/is, and who your surgeon was/is. Membership is restricted to those who live in the Northern Delaware area. [email protected] If you would like to join our on-line support group click on the link attached and it will take you to the Yahoo Group subscription for our group. If you would like to email me directly with questions please feel free to do so. Thank you and good luck on your journey. Barbara, Moderator, WLS-NDE [email protected]
blank first name B.
on 10/8/03 1:40 am
I would very much like to join your on-line support group and would like to attend a live support group. I live in Newark Delaware, so I guess I am at least geographically qualified.
Katrina S.
on 10/13/03 1:01 pm - Felton, DE
I live in mid delaware around Dover, Felton area. I was wondering if I can join the group because I am unable to go to any meetings because I am all ready handicapped with LYMPHADEMA/ELEPHANTIASIS which is in both legs now. It was only in the right leg for 13 years and this year in Feb. 2003 it went to my left leg. I can't attend any meetings and I am trying to find a new doctor because Dr. Smoot is no longer taking MEDICAID and when I had Medicaid/Coventry they would not approve me for the surgery and said I was just having the surgery to improve my image and I am not. I weight 660 and have lymphadema/elephantiasis in both legs and have severe sleep apnea and have a CPAP machine. And now have to wear oxygen 24 hours a day. And now I am up to 18 different medicines daily now too. So tell me is that improving your image to you. I don't think so. Well, I would really love to join that way I have someone to talk too about my questions and concerns. Please and thanks. Sincerely yours, Katrina Shelman Email: [email protected]
linda P.
on 10/20/03 5:00 am - bear, de
Barbara, I am interested in joining the WLS-NDE Group. Please advise with further info. I will try to e-mail at Yahoo address also. lap
Mamasita
on 10/22/03 5:34 am - New Castle, DE
Barbara: I live in New Castle, DE and very much interested in the group. I am new at this site too. I have had a consult and awaiting my surgical date with Dr's Irgau and Winn. (my email address home [email protected] and at work [email protected]) Thanks.
Most Active