PMRI Support Group Meeting

Cj B.
on 10/18/03 3:58 am
The meeting went really well! It was great to put faces with people I had been emailing! I had a wonderful time. Danielle, the lecturer, prepared some test protein bars, shakes and powders for us to taste. It went really well and was informative. I am looking forward to the next meeting - which is....November 17th at 7pm. Hope to see you there!!! ((hugs)) Cj
Jus Me
on 10/18/03 5:19 am - My own little corner of the world
I enjoyed going to the meeting also. I learned a lot from Danielle, but also from the many people there who were so very gracious with sharing their stories, ideas, problems and solutions with me. And it really was nice to put faces with the names. My problem is ... I am not that great with names, so I was trying to put faces with profiles *grin*. Suppose my memory will get better with the surgery? I sure hope so but not necessarily counting on it! Have a great day everyone! Tammy
Rob S.
on 10/19/03 1:46 am - DE
I enjoyed the meeting and meeting some new people. I feel like if I learn one thing at each meeting I have been successful. Being 12 days post-op it was perfect timing to reinforce the new lifestyle. Look forward to the next meeting and good luck to all that are scheduled between now and the next meeting.
linda P.
on 10/20/03 4:54 am - bear, de
Hi! Can you tell me a little about what the PMRI support meetings are? I have my first appt. on Nov. 26 with Dr. Miller to discuss the surgery which seems so far away. Haven't talked in detail to anyone about the surgery and wonder if I should. Can you tell me who the meeting is for (pre or post or thinking about patients?) and info about where and when? Thanks. lap
Cj B.
on 10/20/03 8:09 am
Hi Linda, The PMRI meetings are for both pre and post op's. Each session includes a 30 minute informational lecture and then a 30 min or so general discussion. For instance, the one on Oct 18th was "All about protein" and then we had a chance afterward to get to know one another. It was actually my first and I was very happy I decided to attend. The next meeting is on Nov 17th from 7-8 pm and the lecture is on "Do relationships change after gastric bypass surgery?" I hope that you decide to attend. I think with going through this journey, it's good to get together with people at various stages to help one another. I learned a lot and I'm looking forward to the next session. Take care! ((hugs)) CJ
Cj B.
on 10/20/03 8:17 am
Oh, and Linda, I forgot to tell you where it's located..... Preventive Medicine and Rehabilitation Institute 3506 Kennett Pike (instersection of Routes 52 and 100) Wilmington, DE 19807 (302.661.3000) You don't have to pre-register and the meetings are $5 each session. Again, I hope to see you there!! Cj
Most Active