Meds and applesauce

Rob S.
on 10/19/03 2:04 am - DE
Hi, I am 12 days post-op and feeling great, although I still feel a little sore. Wanted to thank everyone for their support. The purreed food is going down well and actually tastes pretty good. I plan on increasing my variety at meals so I don't succumb to boredom. I never feel hungry and have not really felt full after any of my meals. Don't want to pu**** and test my limits since I feel that will probably happen down the road. I'm also trying to develop a plan for getting in all of these meals and water in when I return to work (down the road). If anyone has anyone advice or tips that have been successful I would appreciate you sharing. The only gripe I have is having to crush these meds and add them to my meals. Now I only put them in some applesauce. I may never eat applesauce again after four weeks. I have my first follow-up with Dr. Irgaau on Thursday (Oct. 23rd). That is also my first day to get back to driving on my own and maybe to start doing chores again.
Cj B.
on 10/19/03 9:06 am
Rob, you sound like you're doing great! Congrat's!! I'm pre-op so unfortunately don't have any advice to share about successful ways of getting your meals and water in...if you figure one out, please share it To prepare myself, I have been trying to eliminate drinking while I am eating... but have not been too successful yet, I'll keep practicing. Good luck when you see Dr. Irgau on Thurs! I wish you much success in your journey!! ((hugs)) Cj
blank first name B.
on 10/20/03 4:47 pm
Rob. I am almost 4 months post op and can tell you that eventually you will be able to take most meds without having to crush them. For now, you might try to take your meds with some yogurt, cottage cheese or another form of protein instead of with a carb. While at work, I constantly sip Crystal Light until a 1/2 hour before and after a meal. I usually have a can of protein drink mid morning, a small high protein lunch (tuna, cottage cheese, etc.) and a protein bar mid afternoon. I have bkfst, dinner and evening protein drink at home. I find I can keep up with all the required foods and liqiud (especially protein) if I eat 6 mini meals a day. I have lost about 55 pounds since 6/23/03 and feel great. Good luck to you! Janet
Most Active