Pre-op Nerves

missdreamer
on 10/26/03 11:49 am - Newark, DE
Hi Everyone, I have my surgery coming up on the 13th of November. Looking forward to it but am a bit nervous about the filter placement. I'm one of those scaredy cats about being awake for anything. I have lots to do before my date. I want to make sure I have everything I need for when I get home. I need to go get a robe and slippers too. My house needs a good cleaning too. I'm also hoping to find an angel here to talk to. I made the August support group meeting then the one in September was cancelled due to hurricane and I missed October meeting. I will be having surgery the day of the November one. So I have not really met a lot of people face to face. I feel blessed that I have this opportunity for a normal life. Well take care everyone.
Jus Me
on 10/27/03 1:16 am - My own little corner of the world
Merry, I am right there with you ... my surgery is only two days away. (10-29) I am still getting everything finalized and ready also. Didn't get my slippers & protein until the end of last week! Yikes!!! I had Designer Whey from GNC that I have been using to try to build up my protein intake, but I wanted to make sure that I got plenty for after surgery. I finally placed my order for a different brand. Talk about procrastination!!! I haven't had the filter, but know of several that have. They have told me that it is nothing to be worried about as a matter of fact, one girl told me that she was extra glad they did it ... she felt more secure. I wish you the very best, and am looking forward to hearing from you just how good life is on the other side!!! Please feel free to email me. Again, I wish you the very best!
Mamasita
on 11/5/03 8:13 am - New Castle, DE
Merry Thinking of you and your surgery date. It's very exciting. I'm so envious - still waiting for a surgical date. I wish you well and look forward to hearing about your recovery. Does everyone get a filter? I requested one. Dianne
missdreamer
on 11/5/03 2:47 pm - Newark, DE
Everyone that goes through the "Changing Lives" program down in Seaford gets a filter. They said they do it to be extra careful. I'm all for being extra careful! merry merry
Leigh A.
on 11/6/03 10:37 am - Claymont, DE
Actually, not everyone from changing lives gets a filter.... ALL of Dr. Smoot's patients do... but Dr. Miller decides case by case. But he definitely puts one in everyone *****quests it. It really depends on which surgeon you get. Just an FYI.
Most Active