Wanna know if your ****'s gonna stink after the DS???

Batwingsman
on 4/12/09 11:58 am - Garland, TX
"We're" happy wih your results, too!    < cheekpinch >   

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/09 6:40 pm
The only time my poo is Super offensive, is when I eat carbs. Then it's gas and toxic poo. As long as I keep the carbs low, it's the regular stinkin' poo.

I mean hey, it's ****

Dana
frankurban
on 4/9/09 7:35 pm - CA
I'm pre-op, but may no longer need the surgery! I figure if I bookmark this post and come back to read everytime I'm hungry... I'll be back at a healthy weight in no time!

Hahahahaha, actually I love you gals/guys. Who wants to read posts from people who are pullin' punches. Tell it like it is!
Amber T.
on 4/9/09 8:54 pm - Bloomfield, IN
You do have to laugh about it.  Here is my funniest fart story.  We had just eaten mexican food and then went to walmart.  I passed, as usual, a stinky one in the truck right before going into wallyworld and shut the door.  Thirty minutes later, we came out to the truck and it still stunk.  Staying power, man.  So I proceed to tell DH that while the son and I were on the cereal isle I passed another bomb.  We are driving at this point, with the windows down to air out the truck, and yea it's winter, and DH gets on the breaks saying in an excited voice "Where's the phone!  Call WalMart!  Don't you know that they've got 6 employees with masks on in the cereal isle scrambling to find the box or boxes or cereal that's gone bad.  They're confused because who knew cereal could go bad.  But it's you!!!  Call them!"  And we all start heehawing.  You gotta laugh until the stench makes your eyes water.

Amber

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/09 11:18 pm, edited 4/9/09 11:18 pm - Cumberland, IN
 Thank you so much for posting this Lori!  OMG..LOL!  Of course your poop is going to stink!  No one's poop smells good.  No bodys.  I don't care who you are.  And yes it is more Rank after the DS.  There is no doubt about that.  My family has pretty much learned how to deal with it though.  They yell at me at first and about 30 seconds later they don't worry about it anymore.  Now a few weeks post-op they would get on my case for like an hour, like I could do something about it.
melissa K.
on 4/10/09 6:06 pm - Ventura, CA
Hey i've been out of the loop....YOu got your switch!!! *hugs* congrats! How's it going? have you..*gasp* got stinky poos?

Surgery June 3rd, 2008
My Specs:
  Height 5' 5.75" | Highest weight 265+?lbs | Surgery weight 241.9 | Now 154 lbs | CC length 150cm, stomach 3oz 
Added: Neck/Chin/Lower face lift Nov 23,2010- Skin only
oobiebus
on 4/9/09 11:30 pm, edited 4/9/09 11:30 pm - pottstown, PA
Lori,Girl you crack me up! Peel paint off the walls,OMG,I thought i was the only one to say that! I also carry a purse size lysol with me and use it often while out and about! Do i give a ****Hell no I love mY DS

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Steph anie
on 4/9/09 11:35 pm - Denton, TX
Wait, are you telling me that my poop stunk pre-op???? Damn, I thought that I had kept my secret better

I want to add for all the pre-ops out there:

I only poo first thing in the morning.

I have had maybe a handful of days where I felt the sudden urge to go during the day. Each one of these was because of a food choice that I made.

My poo stinks. Not worse than before, just different.

My gas, when I have it, is totally controllable by my diet. (Sugar alcohols are of the devil and everyone in my house pays for it.)

As someone else pointed out, you have to have a sense of humor about post-op life. My family knows that first thing in the morning that I will be busy and that the master bathroom should be avoided.

HW 318/ SW 308/ CW 116/ GW 125 (updated 11/11/09)

Follow my journey at:  http://savoringmyjourney.wordpress.com/

Get all the facts at www.DSfacts.com.  

Century Club 03/27/09    Onderland 04/15/09 Goal Met: 02/26/10

ldz
on 4/9/09 11:37 pm
OT, but not really...just kind put it in perspective and for a laugh...

i actually have a massage therapist (that has not had WLS) that...get this...has gas issues.  on at least two occassions she has tooted while working on me.  wth...being a mature adult...i ignored it.  she is a good massues (sp).

anyway...after the last episode...she apologized and stated, "there is a cereal that i love and try to avoid.  but some times i just got to eat it.  it gives me gas everytime.  and obviously some days uncontrollable gas.  sorry.'

LOL

btw...i, myself, had worse stomach and poo problems prior to surgery.

leslie
Leslie
on 4/9/09 11:51 pm
Thanks so much for posting this!!    And don't be sorry!!

I used to wish (often) that I would get some horrible form of inoperable cancer just so I could be thin for a little while before I die! Really. So a few occasional stinky farts is nothing compared to this amazing gift I've been given!!

Does my poop and gas smell? ummm yea, but so does my husbands and my 2 kids (whew, my teenage son does peel the paint off the walls!! lol)

When I eat pizza and junk food, it smells worse, when I eat like a good little DSers, NO gas at all!! But my poop always sinks! It's crap for crissakes!!! lol

But even on "bad" days I go once or twice first thing in the morning and I'm done for the day! Done!

But I would take horrible gas every day (which I don't have) to keep this thin and healthy body that I have!!!!!

4 Years Post Op: At Goal And STILL Loving My DS!  
340/180/180  ~  5'11"  ~   I lost 160 lbs!!  
LBL & Hernia Repair: Done! Arm Lift: Done! Next Up: Thighs & Boobs!
Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at
DSFacts.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 726 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1028 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 345 views