Wanna know if your ****'s gonna stink after the DS???

Lori Black
on 4/9/09 2:06 pm - , IN

YES!!!  Hell yes!!!  If you're a pre-op right now, take a good whiff when you're going #2...does that stink??  Hell yes!!!  We don't fully absorb all of our food after the DS.  Our smells do change.  Sometimes I could peel paint off of a wall.  BUT ONLY when I've been eating things I shouldn't have been eating in the first place does my output become somewhat obnoxious.  Most of the time I just have a "different" smell than I did as a pre-op.  Oh, and yes my farts stink too.  Now at nearly 2 years out from my surgery, I know what I need to avoid to keep from getting gas.  If I do have the occasional bout of gas, you better believe it's because I ate something so amazing that it was worth the trade off to pass some gas later in the evening in the comfort of my home. 

Do I go around smelling like ****  NO!!!  I burn candles in my home, I've found an air freshener that changes the composition of the smell of my poops when I spray it, and I always poop with the door closed.  (BTW, I did these things before surgery too).  I also carry a purse sized spray with my air freshener in it as a courtesy to others when I use public bathrooms. 

I was reading through Panda's most recent post, and I can see that several pre-ops were scared by the conversation.  Listen, if you're afraid of having the DS because your ****'s going to stink, please don't get the DS.  Don't have the wonderful post-op results of becoming a healthier weight, all the while eating your favorite foods.  But don't get the RNY either b/c they have gas and obnoxious poop too.  (Just ask them, they'll tell you the same!!)  If you don't think that the trade off of being healthy is worth having stinky **** (which, btw, you already have), then please stick to a less effective surgery with restriction only.  (Lapband or VSG).  If this issue REALLY bothers you that much, I would not get the DS.  I am happy with my results of my DS, a little stink from time to time will NEVER change that.

Sorry.  I'm done. 

Smooches,

Lori

Kerry J.
on 4/9/09 2:14 pm - Santa Clara, UT

sleepyjules
on 4/9/09 2:17 pm - Centrally located in, IL
Well said, Lori.  Thank you.  My BM's smelled bad before the DS and now they still smell bad--just different.  I wouldn't trade my DS for the world!  If losing 60 pounds in 3 months is the trade off, then I gladly accept it.  Do I wi**** didn't smell?  Of course I do! But then, *****ally wants to smell it anyway? I will share with all of you that GasX has become a VERY good friend of mine and accompanies me wherever I go.  It has eliminated 98% of my gas and the smell is considerably less potent when I do fart. 

Julie     

marylin99
on 4/9/09 2:19 pm - MO
So is it a night for everyone to **** in every ones Wheaties????  I had more problems with runny stools before surgery then I do now.  My pooh stunk before and it still stinks,.........and it does stink more if I eat junk.  Everyone has stinky **** there just ain't no way to get away from that.  I have to take stool softeners just too keep me moving, wish I had looser stool.  How do you like that, I'm full of **** and I got proof........they took x-rays of me and you can see it.  lol 
Glad your having such a great time.
Marylin

yeaokaybye
on 4/9/09 2:22 pm

I'm the Queen... my pantyhose say so!!!!!!!

JennType1
on 4/9/09 2:23 pm - Middle of, TN
Dang Lori,
So this means that my poo that now smells like roses (left rotting in a vase for a month) will smell worse? OH, the horror!

Mwah!

Jenn
Type 1 diabetic, 26 years
With great power (the DS!) comes great responsibility.

Lori Black
on 4/9/09 2:28 pm - , IN
There's the pre-op attitude we need more of!!!  It's just **** yanno??  I think we dwell on it too much sometimes.  Maybe I've just been around here too long and seen this conversation too many times!  Before my DS I was fat and had stinky poop, after my DS I became thin and still had stinky poop.  Works for me!!! 

Lori
Star Jones
on 4/9/09 2:25 pm - National Harbor, MD
I will never forget when Kim gave me a code for free shipping for poo-pouri after hubby forbid me from using the master bath my first month out!! LOL I actually don't even use it anymore, maybe me and him just got used to it, maybe it's not that bad anymore? Who knows? I rarely poo any other time than first thing in the AM so nobody else (but you guys) will ever know

~Shani~
I've been pudgy, chubby, thick, and now fat........Imma give thin a go round!!!

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162
94 Lbs down...6 more to go...changed goal to see Onderland for a hot second!

Redhaired
on 4/9/09 2:34 pm - Mouseville, FL
You don't use the stuff because you poop in a box in the back of the truck! 

Lori Black
on 4/9/09 2:35 pm - , IN
Dag!  You beat me to it Red!  I was working on something similar!!!  Lol!  LMAO!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 347 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 804 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views