My Wow that's becoming an un-wow

Lori Black
on 9/11/09 8:44 pm - , IN

Most of you know of my struggles to keep my weight up through the winter.  I had gotten down to a VERY low 116 pounds, officially 2 pounds underweight on the BMI scale.  My wow is that I have gained plenty of weight back and I'm feeling like a new woman again!  People are complimenting me all of the time how nice I look, and that's cool and all.  I've actually thought all along that I really wanted to get back up to 145 pounds.  However....my weight gain is now becoming my un-wow, I'm up THIRTY pounds.  I'm not saying that I'm fat, but my weight could very easily get out of control.  My scale this morning is telling me 146 pounds.  Umm.....maybe I have some water weight since my period is just ending.  And maybe I haven't pooped enough today....but I'm now officially going to have to get a handle on this before I gain to much to look back.  I *really* don't want to see 150 on my scale again.  For the record, there is NOTHING wrong with 150 pounds....nothing at all!  I'm just worried that if I allow myself to get back to 150, that I'll then slip back up to 160, and then 170...well you know what I mean.  For my height, the BMI scale says I should be between 119-155.  Since I'm getting very near the top end of that range, the time has come.

So really the point of my post is for accountability.  I knew this day would come.  Back to the (low carb) drawing board for me.  I feel VERY grateful to be feeling like getting this under control now before I've lost a grip on things.  I feel grateful that I didn't just stop weighing myself and ignore the obvious as I used to do in the past.  I feel grateful that I only really want to lose 5-10 pounds.  I feel especially grateful that I've got the DS to help me lose.  I feel a bit sad that my Cinderella phase is over, but I'll get over that!  I'm really not trying to be "one of those chicks" that talks about losing a few pounds.  I'm thin, but I won't be if I don't get ahold of myself now.

Yesterday I went to the community center and walked 3 miles.  On the last mile I alternated laps, one lap running, one lap walking.  I only ran 1/2 of a mile, I'm sure no Tom...but it was a great start.  I can't get back to the trac****il Monday, so I think today I'll hit the elliptical before my shower.  Maybe the kids and I will take a bike ride today too...if my legs can handle it after running yesterday, that is!  Lol!

Lori

MajorMom
on 9/11/09 8:54 pm - VA
I hear you! Cutting the Blow Pops, huh? I had to cut out grazing on trail mix. I feel much more in  control.
((hugs))
Gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Lori Black
on 9/11/09 9:31 pm - , IN
Yeah, the Blow Pops are GOING for SURE!  I just looked at the nutrtional info, and I didn't need to see another thing when I realized that EACH one has 17 grams of carbs.  Geez!!!  No wonder I'm gaining!  Just because food doesn't give you any gas or intestinal upset, doesn't mean that it's a free food. DUH!!!  I got so complacent because I never really had to watch what I ate after the 8 month mark.  No more of that crap for me!  I'm watching my every little carb for awhile!

Lori
(deactivated member)
on 9/12/09 12:20 am
Um what the Hell is a blow pop?  BTW I just sent you a pm :(
hayley_hayley
on 9/12/09 12:44 am
On September 12, 2009 at 7:20 AM Pacific Time, kelly A. wrote:
Um what the Hell is a blow pop?  BTW I just sent you a pm :(
blow pop is a lolly pop that surround bubble gum. from charms =)

Minus 202 pounds; Height=5'10.5; Plastic Surgery = arms; Pant: 24 to 4/6; Top 3x to sm/med, I My DS! .

Tenorwb
on 9/12/09 5:31 am - NJ
Ahhh so that explains it.   And here I thought it was something you did to make the "Daddy" in your life Very Very Happy.

Cheers,

William

To teach something is to have it.  To have something you must be it.   Teach peace, for that is what you are. 
To listen to me sing:   www.youtube.com/watch

Nicolle
on 9/11/09 9:23 pm
I'm glad your weight is on the upswing, but you are right to keep a watchful eye on it.

We're the same height and I'm bopping around the 145-150 range myself (It makes maintaining a ticker a joke here) and I'm good with that, so I know what you mean. When and if the scale says 155, I will have to get my carbs back under control. If I ever get plastics, it will go a few more pounds lower for at least a while, so that should be good.

Those last couple pounds are probably water weight, don't worry. With the added exercise, expect more scale jumps back and forth, as your body struggles to not be dehydrated.

Hang in there!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Lori Black
on 9/11/09 9:34 pm - , IN
You're right about the weight swings with exercise for sure Nicolle.  I'm not going to let the number on the scale make or break my day, but I need to be on the scale keeping a mindful eye on where things are going.  I'm gonna miss my free ride, but I can roll with it.  I don't want to go back to where I once was.

Miss you girlie!

Lori
freckled1
on 9/12/09 1:39 am
"I'm gonna miss my free ride, but I can roll with it."

It's okay Lori.  Maybe the free ride part is over but you still get a huge discount with your DS!

Watch that scale for a little while because you seem a lot like me at just about every stage.  At two years out if I put on a few it usually meant I was getting ready to drop about ten.  Just keep an eye on things so you don't drop back down too low.

I understand your concern.  I hate seeing the scale do any type of upswing, even if there's a good reason.  A lifetime of dieting and seeing the scale taunt us every time the diet didn't work doesn't go away overnight.  Apparently it doesn't go away after six years either.  

Kayla B.
on 9/11/09 10:39 pm - Austin, TX
With so much protein you put in your body, I'd imagine you could get some great results from strength training.  You might like it even more than just plain 'ol cardio.  My favorite part is the required rest time between sets.  Ha.  Required!  To just stand there!

Strength train = more muscle mass.  More muscle mass = more calories burned at rest = more blow pops!

Regardless of what you do to get the weight off, I know you will.  And thanks for this post.  I know I for one am not a post-op DSer that can just eat anything and maintain.  I do keep a more strict diet than most to stay the size I am.  Tons of protein and fat, yeah, but not quite as much cookies and candy as everyone else.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 343 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 802 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views