Tiny White Worms on my Kitchen Ceiling ...turn to tiny moths

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/09 5:52 am
KRWaters
on 9/21/09 5:52 am - Manteca, CA
Hi GF, I am so sorry you have to deal with this. Years ago, when I was preggo with my second child, I had made a turkey balogna sandwhich I think it was. All of a sudden I went into labor. Can you say fast? My husband was home or maybe he came home fast and we dropped my first daughter at the  neighbors and my mom was going to come pick her up. We rushed out of the house and left the balonga sitting on the table. We didn't bother to pitch it or put it in the fridge. When I came home from the  hospital in a couple of days, we had these flying bugs. Never really got rid of them until we moved to a new home a few months later. Didn't know about all these tricks to get rid of them pesty vermin.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

walter A.
on 9/21/09 8:42 am, edited 9/21/09 8:43 am - lafayette, NJ
they can be almost invisible, watch for telltale signs of infestations like burrowing in spice jars or grain sticking in very fine webs found this in unopened oatmeal packages.

remember to add in the extra protien
Psyche
on 9/21/09 9:19 am, edited 9/21/09 9:20 am
We had problems with pantry pests. We had to throw out everything not in cans and jars because they had even eaten through plastic bags and some containers. They had even gotten into the flip top spice containers. GROSS! We ended up buying a secondhand refrigerator and everything bugs might be able to get into is stored in there.

If you have food you think might be safe, put it in the freezer for 14 days. If anything was in there, that much freezer time will kill it.

My protein powders live in the spare refrigerator.
SW 280 / GW 150 / CW 128.8

Reconstructive surgery, under construction!

Lower Body Lift - 12/14/2011 - Atlanta VA Medical Center
Brachioplasty & Mastopexy w/Augmentation - 03/14/2012 - Dr Marisa Lawrence

daffyduck
on 7/21/11 6:04 am
I am a very clean person. I thought I was the only one to deal with this problem. I've had them for years and can't afford to hire a professional to get rid of them. I get rid of them and they come back again after a few months. I have used the room foggers, sprays, those hanging fly strips to catch them when they fly around. I got rid of all the boxed food in my cabinets and that cost me a lot of money. I got rid of my dried spices because they get in there too. They are so tiny in your spices that you have to pour the spice in your hand to actually see them. They get into your food, as you have seen. I think they are around the baseboards of your room. They hide between papers I have in my filing cabinet. I don't know who the hell they get into these places. I'm trying to get rid of them as we speak.They get into your clothes and lay the larvae and you go to put something on and you'll see the little cocoons on your clothes. I don't know if they chew your clothes but it's just disgusting to have them in the first place. There is no where they won't hid! So be aware all the time. I look into everything before I put it in my mouth or on my body.

...I had to be out of town during the winter and left my house unheated. When I come back, they are gone for a long time until my neighbor who I am friends with starts coming back up to my house because she had them downstairs also from leaving the apartment doors open. They would fly from apartment to apartment. They are terrible! Get those hanging flu traps, and use a defogger. If your lucky you don't have a downstairs neighbor that has them too. I don't know where they came. If you still have them during the winter. Close your house down for about two weeks and freeze the little devils out. If you find a solution, please let me know. Good Luck!

Katie K.
on 7/21/11 6:20 am - Grand Haven, MI
yes.... we had them in our old house and when we moved nothing from that kitchen came with us that could not be washed in the dishwasher.  Nothing we did would get rid of them.. they nest in the cracks between shelving, in the folds between cardboard tops on boxes and bags of flour. They get into closed sealed bags and jars and nest there too... food thrown out.. bleach all surfaces, pull out shelving and wash..  Once they are in.... they are there.. very hard to get rid of... just my two cents..  We have not seen a single one now that we are in the new house and did not transfer any product from the old to the new.
"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

snomau
on 9/11/13 6:05 am

Oh Yuck!  I just came home from a 3 week trip and those things / tiny worms and moths are all over my pantry and ceiling.  I also have these other areas on the edges of the ceiling that look like they might be nests.  I tried vaccuuming them and they wouldn't come off.  I wonder if Raid would work??

leslieanne729
on 9/21/09 2:48 pm
Thanks Everyone..

I tossed all opened food in the trash. Dropped off all

unopened packages of food to the local Shoprite, they

donate this food to the needy. This food was probable

OK but I didn't want to take any chances when

I restock my cupboards and spend all that money on

possible re-infestation.

I bought the traps for the moths, emptied out every

cabinet, CLEANED...tonight I'm gonna BOMB the

Kitchen...This is overkill but It will make me feel

better...BUGS give me the WILLIES 
RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 785 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 262 views