18 Month Update with some skin........

Kerry J.
on 3/18/10 1:35 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Why thank you! 
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/10 6:05 am - Yorktown, VA
Those look like some heavy weights!

Congrats on your success.  I am going to need to start some strength training/muscle building, too.  I'm feeling kind of weak and puny, like I've lost some muscle along the way. 
Kerry J.
on 3/18/10 1:40 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Thanks Tessy, the weights are getting heavier all the time, it's just a matter of time for you once you start working out. I've been doing it since last June and I was really weak when I started, I had defiantly lost a lot of muscle mass. I've been surprised at how easily it can be built back.

Kerry

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/10 6:27 am
You look great, Kerry! Glad to hear things are stable and normal.

I have a lack of food issues too, and sometimes it makes me worry. I can literally eat anything (except cabbage and cauliflower) with no negative ramifications. I hope that as long as I don't go hog wild I'll be fine.
Kerry J.
on 3/18/10 1:43 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Thanks Jenna. Like you the lack of any food issues is a little worrisome; for me even cabbage and cauliflower are no problemo....
supergirl3
on 3/18/10 6:54 am - Canada
Now that's what I was waiting for!!  You look great and are inspiring me to get moving with the weight training!  I'd drop all those on the floor at this point, lol!!

SUPERGIRL
Start weight - 287
Lowest - 123
Current - 130's
Height 5'7"

Kerry J.
on 3/18/10 1:45 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Well, it's just a matter of getting started, you start with the lighter weights and add weight as you get stronger; it's a real rush to be able to lift the heavier weights.

Kerry
wings
on 3/18/10 7:35 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Wow Kerry you so healthy which is something I have noticed with DSers more so than other WLS patients.  I had lap band before the DS and I was malnurished and looked sickly all the time.  I am already looking better and my nails are beautiful. 

Did you have food issues in the beginning and if so when did you notice they started disappearing?  Did you suffer from the ole glorious gas in the beginning?

Carla
Kerry J.
on 3/18/10 1:48 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Thanks Carla,

I've had very few food issues even early on. At first, pasta would cause me to have a lot of gas, but somewhere along the line that stopped; I don't even know when it happened, it's just not there anymore. I would be just guessing, but I would guess the issues were pretty well gone by 12 months.

Kerry
Emily F.
on 3/18/10 8:48 am
You look tough!! or is it tuff? lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 383 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 836 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 272 views