I've accepted the "new me," why can't the rest of the world?

amccu18007
on 4/23/10 4:22 am - Newark, DE
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

zabs
on 4/23/10 4:49 am
haha "****waffle"  I laughed out loud at that one.

She's obviously a very unhappy person.  I say good riddance.  You don't need that kind of negativity in your life anyway. 
Started researching the DS in Dec 2008.  2 years and one baby later(my 3rd), I'm finally switched!

Emily F.
on 4/23/10 4:12 am
That was just uncalled for!!! She is an evil ***** and probably miserable with her surgery.You were definitely not being sensitive, that was wrong.
scoob
on 4/23/10 4:20 am - Somerset, KY
I didn't know you before but I can't imagine that losing weight changed you for the worse. I mean come on you have helped me so much. You've been awesome, espically these last few months. I like it that you speak up on issues that you feel are important. I admire you for it. She sounds very jealous and hateful. To wish death on anyone, honey you're better off without her. And as for always being the fat girl, you don't have to be. I know one thing from being your friend here and on FB you usually speak up when you want to. Tell people to get the **** over it. Its been long enough. Although you will never forget where you came from you don't need to be constantly reminded. If they are truely your friends they will let it go. Sorry I am so opinionated on this but it really chaps my ass when people try to take a wonderful thing and try to ruin it. You look way better now that you've gained a few, more healthy. You inspire me everyday. Keep on keepin on chicadee. HUGS

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Redhaired
on 4/23/10 4:20 am - Mouseville, FL
This had nothing to do with your weight, or acceptance or anything at all along those lines.  She just knew what button to press to get in a jab.  Don't give away your power by letting this upset you.

Red

Lori Black
on 4/23/10 4:33 am - , IN
How is it that I've KNOWN for years that the only time I get upset is when I give my power away, and yet here I've done it again?  Stubborn brain likes to forget the things I already know.  Thanks, Red.

Lori
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 4:23 am

Don't let her get inside your head Lori. It always hurts when it comes from someone you thought was a friend. It seems like this person may have been envious of you for whatever reason, and her vitriol finally showed its ugliness. She had to attack you personally because in her mind, you stated the obvious concerning her sophmoric comments about our President and she had no other recourse but to attack the messenger.

As for the bigger picture of your transformation and people accepting it...I figured this was going to happen to me and so far I was right.  It may take many years before anyone lets it be. It may never happen. How you deal with it is up to you, but after all you've been through to get healthy and lose weight, don't give the *****s the satisfaction. Take the high road when you can, and when you can't, let loose and tell the person using your weight history as a weapon exactly what you think of them. You'll be better off for it.

mquirkygirl
on 4/23/10 4:26 am, edited 4/23/10 4:27 am - New York City, NY
Just wanted to add that I wouldn't categorize this pathetic excuse for a person as "the rest of the world."  It's one moron.  Don't let that one moron break your stride or bring you down.  Furthermore, never take to heart the opinions of people you don't respect.  You look fabulous and healthy and happy.  FUCK her, who cares?  Let her foam and froth and eat 600 cals a day and repost hate filled messages.  Because that's such a gorgeous, glamorous lifestyle, you know.

5'10", HW: 326/SW: 280/CW: 181/Goal: 165

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 4:36 am - Bayonne, NJ
Sorry, that woman is NOT a friend. She's a catty ***** I personally find that whole death to Obama thing to be reprehensible, especially since I see it coming from the conservative Christian types.

Anyway, the reason she can't let it go is because she has nothing else to attack you about. So, she makes up stuff about your weight, as if it were her business. She just mouthed off to you because you pointed out (rightly so) that her status was awful.

I have a friend, a lovely, thin, tiny little thing, who is the most supportive person on earth. She shows people her wedding album (when I was the size 26 bridesmaid) but is always complimentary, saying that I was beautiful then and I'm even more beautiful now, and she's so proud of me. Now that's a friend.

Is anyone else in your life harping on this? Are they still referring to you as the hefty one? I have another friend who lost quite a bit but regained some, and he gets a lot of crap. He recently told me that his HS & college friends are worthless because they don't have much to talk about now that he's no longer "El Gordo."

Anyway, block the ***** and go have some fun. What's important is how YOU feel and how YOU see yourself. You've done a lot of good for a lot of people on here, giving advice and posting helpful stuff, so don't let the ******** of the world get you down. Sometimes we outgrow people. It happens.
Blank Out
on 4/23/10 5:02 am
 I'm sorry, maybe I am just being sensitive.  Or, I feel I must say something here.  I am a Christian, and a conservative.  And I find this whole FB Obama  thing very evil.  This is not what Jesus would do.  As Christians, the bible tells us to pray for our leaders.  Not to pray for evil to befall them.  It seems lately, the media is trying to marginalize all christians and conservatives.  I am appalled by the attacks on both sides.  I have many friends who are also christian and conservative, and I can tell you they are as appalled as I am... Just have to say the truth.  

Free speech is still a good thing.  I would like to keep it.  Shame on those participating in the hateful FB group!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 534 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 931 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 309 views